Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H - RX570 - Black Screen

And you think that CPUFriendDataProvider.kext is the issue? Are any other topics like this in the past?

I am still reverting the Monterey Backup, after this I am going to install Ventura on a separate hard drive to to some tests.
may be the issue if you are not using it correctly

I'm also with Z77 / rx570 and have a balck screen on bootloader.. I try HFSplus and give me error #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

wen change to OpenHfsPlus.efi give me black screen on bootmenu.

here is my EFI

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    9 MB · Views: 69
If you boot in safe mode (hold shift + enter at opencore boot entry), what happens ?

To me you lack the AVX2.0 instruction with your Ivy Bridge that is needed to drive the RX570 with Ventura. It loads the default macOS drivers. As I have an Ivy Bridge system too, I think we need to wait for OCLP to be updated to install the required drivers.

@CrashMidnick

I guess you are right, and this is the issue. Because it looks like the RX 570 does not work as expected. On the Cryptofixup Page it states:

This kext does not drop the requirement for AVX2.0 in some of Ventura's Graphics Stack
  • AMD Polaris, Vega and Navi Drivers in Ventura will not function without AVX2.0 support, end users will need to find alternative ways to achieve graphics acceleration

See change log here, V 0.5.0 :

Graphics Acceleration for legacy Metal GPUs
  • Intel: Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell and Skylake
  • Nvidia: Kepler
  • AMD: GCN 1 through 3
  • AMD: Polaris (on pre-AVX2.0 systems)
    • Boot in safe mode to avoid stock driver loading

EDIT : V5 has been pushed 18 hours ago : https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/releases/tag/0.5.0
Maybe you can try it. If I have time I will do it on my side this evening.

Last edited:
But in safe mode is not a very nice option. But I guess it should work. I hope for more progress in the future.

It is just the time to launch OCLP and apply the patch. I tested on my Ivy Bridge Hack and I could not boot into safe mode for some reason.

I added to my config.plist NVRAM boot arg : -amd_no_dgpu_accel

And here is a working Ivy bridge with Ventura :

Capture d’écran 2022-10-28 à 17.39.33.png

I guess it is time for a system change. I already ordered a Z490 Gigabyte Board with a i7-10700k.

You did well to find a Gigabyte Z490 motherboard. Rare as hens teeth now in my part of the world, but a great one to hackintosh. :thumbup:

Back