Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3550
Graphics
HD 6870
I'm having some sleep issues with this motherboard.

Even in Lion and Mountain Lion.

When I go to Sleep everything works fine. But when I get back from sleep the USB Keyboard and Mouse Lags a little (not apple keyboard tried with both).

The real issue is with the USB power. When I plug a pendrive it goes OK. But the first time I plug an USB HDD the drive doesn't work and the whole system hangs If I try to open Finder.

But if I plug the HDD wait a little remove and plug back in everything works just fine and the other HDDs plugs also.

Any News about that?

What about the Intel HD 2500? I would like to use the mirror and hardware encoder just that. I'm using an Sapphire 6870 with Duckweed as frame buffer. Works like a charm. Games and everything.

Try disabling XMP if you are setting XHCI Mode to Auto.
If Smart Auto or enabled you can use XMP.
I think when iMac13,x smbio.plist is available, it will fix the problem as the new iMac will be available with 1600MHz memory modules.

Test this solution and inform me please.

oh boy, I was looking for a fix and disabling XMP solved my problem. Thanks

With XMP Enabled / XHCI Smart Auto / EHCI Hand Off Disabled = the system wakes from slep and the keyboard and mouse lags a lot.

With XMP Disabled / XHCI Auto / EHCI Hand Off Enable = the system wakes from sleep and the keyboard never returns. Have to plug it in and out.

With XMP Disabled / XHCI Smart Auto / EHCI Hand Off Disabled = the system wakes from sleep with ALL USBs OK The Keyboard and mouse don't lag

Didn't Tried other combinations.
XHCI Hand Off Always Enabled since it's default

I was experiencing the same issue: laggy keyboard and mouse for ~ 1 min. after wake and USB 3 card reader permanently disconnected. I will try your combination of settings to see if it works for me as well.

btw - does your system sleep automatically? Mine never does and would really like it to.

Yay!! Your last set of settings allows for a full wake with no lagging and my USB 3.0 card reader still connected.

Still no auto-sleep though! My display dutifully adheres to the energy saver settings, but the CustoMac stays awake. :(

I have the same issues with the same board, but this didn't work for me. With the third settings, but memory clocked at 16.00 I got a reboot on wake. With the same settings and memory left at Auto I got a light blue freeze screen waking from sleep.

With XMP Disabled / XHCI Smart Auto / EHCI Hand Off Disabled = the system wakes from sleep with ALL USBs OK The Keyboard and mouse don't lag

so can u confirm if the usb3/2 devices works with all usb ports without any issues ???? Smart auto ???

Almost ALL my devices where working with smart auto.

With the exception of a WD My Passport drive that mounts the HD and a CD drive that contains the software. That device locked all my system.

I them changed the XHCI to Auto and everything is working.

With XMP Disabled / XHCI Auto / XHCI Hand Off Enabled / EHCI Hand Off Disabled

The EHCI Hand Off enabled don't work.

Almost ALL my devices where working with smart auto.

With the exception of a WD My Passport drive that mounts the HD and a CD drive that contains the software. That device locked all my system.

I them changed the XHCI to Auto and everything is working.

With XMP Disabled / XHCI Auto / XHCI Hand Off Enabled / EHCI Hand Off Disabled

The EHCI Hand Off enabled don't work.

thanks 4 the great info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back