Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H i2600k - Will not power off or sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 2700k
Graphics
ATI RD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Restart works. Powering off, it looks like ML shuts down but fans & drives keep running. The same happens with sleep, OSX goes dark, fans & drives keep spinning.

bios = F14
Multibeast options I used:
Audio = ALC898 w/o DSDT
Disk = Trim enabler (verified trim is working)
Misc = FakeSMC & plugins
Network = hnak's
Custimization = SSDT/ SB Corei7

From the other golden builds I've seen with this board, that's about all anyone uses. Am I missing something?

I had the same problem with the exact same MB/CPU combo (which I purchased for the same reason, figuring it must work since it's a recommended kit of parts).

In searching and trial and error, what eventually seems to have done the trick for me is disabling the xHCI mode in the bios/uefi settings entirely.

Most of the guides around here tell you to set for Auto, vs. Smart Auto. Or set for Auto and disable the individual port settings.

In my experience, neither of those solved this particular shutdown/sleep issue.
But setting xHCI to "disabled" did.

Of course, it also forces the USB ports to function as USB2, but that was fine by me given how flaky the USB3 stuff seems to be on Z77.

The last remaining problem I have encountered is the classic "CMOS Reset" issue that happens occasionally when the system does finally auto-sleep as it should.

Most of the time it wakes properly and there's no issue. But periodically (and seemingly at random intervals), it gets stuck in a CMOS Reset "Boot Loop" when I wake it.

I've followed all the prescriptions herein for patching the AppleRTC.Kext file, and then forcing a cache rebuild.
It just seems like a "fragile" patch, that appears to get overwritten or reset in unexpected ways and at unexpected times.
Or I'm doing something wrong.

Doesn't seem like everybody is having this issue, but enough people are that clearly the current MultiBeast Cmos Reset setting isn't behaving 100% as desired or expected.

Anyway, try the xHCI setting and see if that solves your sleep/shutdown issue.

If you are still having shutdown and sleep issue then i suggest you make a DSDT that would sure solve lots of problem.

Let me know if you need help.

Thanks, I'll give changing xHCI a shot. I don't have any USB3 devices anyway, so no loss. Hopefully there will be a fix by the time I would actually need it.

As for DSDT, I have always used them in previous builds, but thought they were not needed with UEFI. I'm trying to keep this one as plane as possible to avoid the issues with OS updates I've had in the past. If I have to, I'll use one I suppose.

Actually it looks like sleep doesn't work in Windows either. So I'm guessing it's one of three things:
1. A BIOS Setting. Can someone that has sleep working post all their settings?
2. BIOS version. I was on F14, dropped to F13, still no luck. What rev are people with working sleep on?
3. An issue with my PSU.

Thoughts anyone?

Did you managed find a solution for the sleep issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back