Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H + GTX670: Multibeast settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is working fine, except the front USB 3 (VIA chip). Any solution for that front bracket ports?

I'm experiencing the same thing. Rear ports all appear to be working correctly, front do not recognize the USB drive (although I can use USB headphones through em just fine).\

Were you able to resolve this?

Finally got my build working including sound and iMessages!! Major thanks to billtheghets!!

GA-Z77X-UD5H v 1.0
i5 3570k
Geforce 660 TI

If this helps anyone - I have no idea what half of this does but I poked my way through and got it to work.

Making the USB Installer on normal mac

1. Use createinstallermedia script to make a standard yosemite USB installer
  2. Install Clover 2953 *to the USB* but with default settings.

Working?
Jup! It worked. Got a great machine now. Thanks for your guide! Some steps are a bit weird and could be described better, but it got me through it :D

I've tried multiple options on this forum (including this one) with no luck. The problem is I can't even get to BOOTING the actual Clover USB. I select the UEFI USB, then it just defaults back to my Chimera boot loader. If I disconnect all other disks, it'll just say no boot loader can be found.

Anyone know why it wouldn't even boot? (Maybe wrong partition scheme?)

EDIT: Just copied the CLOVER folder instead of the BOOT folder made it work. Installing now...will see how it goes.

1. Use f12 to select boot options, and boot off of the *UEFI option*
  2. Install - NOTE: I must have installed 20x today. Oddly enough, sometimes it installed in one pass, other times it would restart and continue installing. On my MacBook Pro, it did the two pass install, so I don't think that's unique to the hack. Just don't be surprised if it restarts during the install and you have to boot right back into the USB.

What are your BIOS settings? I've read you have to set CSM Support in BIOS to Never, to be able to boot UEFI with Clover.
I'm on BIOS F14 and when I set CSM support to never, I can't boot with my NVida Card.

Thanks

I have install Yosemite final with clover uefi only. the final version of Yosemite is very smooth! better than all betas! in the attachment, kexts for this board. network, audio and hwmonitor with sensor kexts. usb 3 all ports working. powermanagement for cpu use ssdtPRGen.sh from this source (https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh). the dsdt is fixed for usb3, chipset and other...the ssdt inside the zip file is only for i5 3570k and iMac13,2 smbios. for other cpu´s and smbios, use pikers script!

sound plugin black port over the green port...

and sorry for my bad English!

what patches did you apply to fix the USB3 problems?
pjalm patch multiplex for intel 7 ?

How to open Multibeast-Settings-Z77X-UDH5.mb ???
Is it a txt file? (please forward your reply to my e-mail too: [email protected])
Thank you !

This file is made by MultiBeast, so You need to download MultiBeast then open it.
Next, click on (Load) button on the upper right and browse to the file (Multibeast-Settings-Z77X-UDH5.mb).
Finally, click on (Install) and follow the Instruction.

sorry, I can't reply to your e-mail :(.

Hello everyone

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H with an i7 3770K and GTX 560 Ti, it has been working well with Mountain Lion (10.8.2) installed on a SSD drive.

I have successfully installed and booted into a fresh Yosemite build using the latest Unibeast & MultibBeast on a second SSD. Following this thread's guide everything works as far as I can tell. However I have encountered a few issues so far:

1. When selecting the Yosemite as the boot drive, I run into "can't find mach_kernel". I got around it with "kext-dev-mode=1", this only works if I boot by selecting the USB installer then the Yosemite drive. I have not found a permanent solution for this.

2. When booted into Yosemite I get a sporadic "Graphics Error" "would you like to report it" something or other. This may be temporary?

3. There is an oddity with the installer/installation, though a brand new install, on a separate drive, without transferring any information; some items and settings are modified on my Mountain Lion build, i.e. new items on the Dock, Finder windows settings, etc..

4. Is the amount of RAM during installation still an issue?

5. I should tell you I have not changed any of my BIOS settings from my extremely stable ML build.

I would appreciate any tips guys, I am somewhat of a n00b at this. Good luck to all with issues.

Z77X-UD5H (v1.1), 16 GB RAM, i7-3770k, Multibeast
I have F9 BIOS and used F9 DSDT.
I used your Exact Settings. Everything Works, except two things. No HDMI Audio. Yosemite 10.10 (doesn't turn on when i upgrade to 10.10.1)

And my Main problem i found is that when i plug (via eSata, Back of Computer) my Hard Drive External Enclosure (That Supports up to four 3TB's), Only 1 hard drive is recognized. When i use the enclosures USB3.0, All the drives are recognized and there is no problem.

I have all 9 sata connections on the motherboard used for internal Hard drives, but I wish to connect 4 more hard drives via my enclosure's eSata Connection.

Also, when i plug it in to my other hackintosh (
GA-H67N-USB3-B3, rev. 1.0, Yosemite 10.10, Multibeast) All the hard drives are recognized. So, I know my enclosure's eSata connection is working properly.

Does anybody have any one else have these issues with hard drive recognition via the eSata connection on the back of the motherboard?

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back