Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H + GTX670: Multibeast settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
install clover with a fresh yosemite stick! the efi partition of the stick can you mount via clover configurator! copy paste my EFI folder in your EFI partition. for newer nvidia cards change graphicsenabler in config.plist to no....boot from the efi partition of the stick!

when the installation is finished, install kexts via kext wizard, repair permissions and reboot to clover. go to clover options and paste in boot args -s -v and boot from the yosemite hdd. then paste

/sbin/fsck -fy press enter
/sbin/mount -uw / press enter
kextcache -prelinked-kernel press enter
exit press enter

when you show desktop restart your pc and go also to clover options. in the boot args put -f -v and boot from yosemite hdd. sound and network working...

Attachments

• Clover Configurator.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 239
  • EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 319
install clover with a fresh yosemite stick! the efi partition of the stick can you mount via clover configurator! copy paste my EFI folder in your EFI partition...boot from the efi partition of the stick!

What options do you use when you install clover to the USB stick? I can't seem to get it to boot off of the EFI partition.

Edit: Nvm, I think the issue was that I copied the contents of the EFI folder, not the EFI folder itself. Stuck on blank screen after the Yosemite installer boots.... but it's progress :)

Edit: Got to the installer! But it's in german..

Here:

1. No Audio
2. No iMessage
3. No USB3

bye :(

I can not confirm these problems. Audio is working for me, black port as Line Out and optical output.
USB is mentioned in the system profiler with 8 ports. My external Toshiba HDD recognizes USB 3.0 speed but I have to check the speeds.

What I've done:

I made a clean install with Unibeast and installed Mulitbeast including Chimera 4.0
After that I installed the ALC898 Driver from Multibeast 6.1 – you can extract it from the package or use the Multicast GUI.
So everything was working and I could import my user profile from the latest time machine backup.

EDIT:

These were my Multibeast settings, see attachment

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 1.19.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 1.19.41 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 2,715
unplug the power cable from power supply and also the frontpanel usb connector at motherboard for a minute. then plugin both of cables and boot up yosemite. in my case...boot by doing -v in boot options to see the usb error massage!

I have the same mobo, and a gtx 660 (and I have a 970 waiting in the box once I get this working with the 660). I tried running UniBeast, that goes well, use the boot loader from the stick, that boots up correctly, with gfx and Ethernet working, but no sound. Then I run MultiBeast, I select only DSDT-free and the 898 audio driver. that's it. things go well, i even try rebuilding disk permissions. Then I reboot, and tell my bios to boot from the disk. That fails. Then I try to use the loader from the stick again. That fails, when i try that verbose, it says :
Loading darin 10.10
loading kernal /s/l/kernals/kernel
reading HFS+ files [/s/l/kernals/kernel] 4096 bytes.
reading HFS+ files [/s/l/kernals/kernel] 10617640 bytes.

and then stops.... tried -x -v -f
same thing :/
any ideas?

Finally got my build working including sound and iMessages!! Major thanks to billtheghets!!

GA-Z77X-UD5H v 1.0
i5 3570k
Geforce 660 TI

If this helps anyone - I have no idea what half of this does but I poked my way through and got it to work.

Making the USB Installer on normal mac

1. Use createinstallermedia script to make a standard yosemite USB installer
  2. Install Clover 2953 *to the USB* but with default settings.
  3. Use Clover Configurator to mount USB EFI partition
  4. Copy the EFI folder provided by billtheghets in this thread, including the folder itself, to the EFI Partition.
  5. Import the config file from the EFI folder into clover configurator
  6. GUI TAB: Select language (default is german from billtheget's file)
  7. Graphics Tab: Uncheck Patch Vbios, Inject Nvidia | Check loadvbios and inject edid
  8. SMBios tab: Use the wizard tool to generate a unique serial for iMac 13,2. Click the shake buttons to randomize it. Input a unique UUID into the SMUUID field. I used uuidgen from terminal.
  9. System Preferences Tab: Put a *different* UUID into the Custom UUID field. Again, I used uuidgen from terminal.
  10. ACPI Tab: Check FixLAN
  11. Export the configuration
  12. Make a Copy of the EFI folder and put it on the USB drive under a "files" folder. Also add clover installer, clover configurator, kextwizard, and the kext pack provided by billtheget
  13. Eject the disk

Install on Hack

1. Use f12 to select boot options, and boot off of the *UEFI option*
  2. Install - NOTE: I must have installed 20x today. Oddly enough, sometimes it installed in one pass, other times it would restart and continue installing. On my MacBook Pro, it did the two pass install, so I don't think that's unique to the hack. Just don't be surprised if it restarts during the install and you have to boot right back into the USB.
  3. After the install is complete, install clover to the hack boot drive.
  4. Use Clover Config to mount the EFI Partition from the hack boot drive.
  5. Copy the EFI folder from your "files" directory into the hack boot drive EFI partition.
  6. Use KextWizard to install billthegehts' drivers onto the hack boot drive
  7. Use KextWizard to repair permissions.
  8. Restart
  9. During this boot, hit space bar in clover and select boot single user verbose.
  10. Wait a few minutes. You may see state notices continue to scroll but they shouldn't effect anything and if you keep typing and press enter, the command goes through even if split up by the state notices.
  11. Type /sbin/fsck -fy ENTER
  12. Type /sbin/mount -uw / ENTER
  13. Type kextcache -prelinked-kernal ENTER
  14. Type exit ENTER
  15. When you get to the login screen click restart
  16. During boot, go to Clover Options and add the boot flags -f -v
  17. Boot/reboot.
  18. For sound, make sure to select Line Out and you might need to use the black port.
  19. Working?

When I was fiddling around, I had a few installs that would get an error "osxaptiofixdrv requested memory exceeds our...." I have no idea what it is and the fixes I googled didn't fix it. To get around it, I just tried a fresh install following the same process and it worked.

Finally got my build working including sound and iMessages!! Major thanks to billtheghets!!

GA-Z77X-UD5H v 1.0
i5 3570k
Geforce 660 TI

If this helps anyone - I have no idea what half of this does but I poked my way through and got it to work.

Making the USB Installer on normal mac

1. Use createinstallermedia script to make a standard yosemite USB installer
  2. Install Clover 2953 *to the USB* but with default settings.
  3. Use Clover Configurator to mount USB EFI partition
  4. Copy the EFI folder provided by billtheghets in this thread, including the folder itself, to the EFI Partition.
  5. Import the config file from the EFI folder into clover configurator
  6. GUI TAB: Select language (default is german from billtheget's file)
  7. Graphics Tab: Uncheck Patch Vbios, Inject Nvidia | Check loadvbios and inject edid
  8. SMBios tab: Use the wizard tool to generate a unique serial for iMac 13,2. Click the shake buttons to randomize it. Input a unique UUID into the SMUUID field. I used uuidgen from terminal.
  9. System Preferences Tab: Put a *different* UUID into the Custom UUID field. Again, I used uuidgen from terminal.
  10. ACPI Tab: Check FixLAN
  11. Export the configuration
  12. Make a Copy of the EFI folder and put it on the USB drive under a "files" folder. Also add clover installer, clover configurator, kextwizard, and the kext pack provided by billtheget
  13. Eject the disk

Install on Hack

1. Use f12 to select boot options, and boot off of the *UEFI option*
  2. Install - NOTE: I must have installed 20x today. Oddly enough, sometimes it installed in one pass, other times it would restart and continue installing. On my MacBook Pro, it did the two pass install, so I don't think that's unique to the hack. Just don't be surprised if it restarts during the install and you have to boot right back into the USB.
  3. After the install is complete, install clover to the hack boot drive.
  4. Use Clover Config to mount the EFI Partition from the hack boot drive.
  5. Copy the EFI folder from your "files" directory into the hack boot drive EFI partition.
  6. Use KextWizard to install billthegehts' drivers onto the hack boot drive
  7. Use KextWizard to repair permissions.
  8. Restart
  9. During this boot, hit space bar in clover and select boot single user verbose.
  10. Wait a few minutes. You may see state notices continue to scroll but they shouldn't effect anything and if you keep typing and press enter, the command goes through even if split up by the state notices.
  11. Type /sbin/fsck -fy ENTER
  12. Type /sbin/mount -uw / ENTER
  13. Type kextcache -prelinked-kernal ENTER
  14. Type exit ENTER
  15. When you get to the login screen click restart
  16. During boot, go to Clover Options and add the boot flags -f -v
  17. Boot/reboot.
  18. For sound, make sure to select Line Out and you might need to use the black port.
  19. Working?

When I was fiddling around, I had a few installs that would get an error "osxaptiofixdrv requested memory exceeds our...." I have no idea what it is and the fixes I googled didn't fix it. To get around it, I just tried a fresh install following the same process and it worked.

Thanks for the guide!
I've gotten to the "boot single user verbose" part and then I'm stuck. I'm just staring at either a black screen, a blinking curser, or it come up with a long string of thinks that ends in "System uptime in nanoseconds." I've never seen any "state notices" or anywhere to type in #11-14
Can you elaborate a bit more on the "Install on Hack section"?
1. Is there any special way to use KextWizard? I couldn't find a very new version of the software.
2. Is there anything on the screen when I'm supposed to "Wait a few minutes?"
3. When I restart after the first part of the instillation(#8), I hit f12 and boot from my internal drive correct? (not the USB)
4. There seems to be two different bootloaders. One with a blackish background and one white a white background. Does it matter which one i'm in?

Thanks for your help!

How have you tested audio?

NOTE! Yosemite have removed the system "blip" sound when you pres volume upp/down.

So try by playing youtubevideo instead.
Both green and black audio ports works for me.

How have you tested audio?

NOTE! Yosemite have removed the system "blip" sound when you pres volume upp/down.

It's now a tick box in System Preferences.

System Preferences -> Sound -> Play feedback when volume is changed.

Default is off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back