GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

So I built my first hackintosh using tony's Custo- MAC pro build I am using the 670 for my graphics. My mobo is the ga-z77x-ud5h. Now both the green port and the headphone port are working just dandy when I connect my headphones or a separate speaker system. However when I connect my monitor (Asus Mx279h) which has built-in speakers it simply wont work. To specify my monitor is connected to my graphics card through a dvi to hdmi cord and has a separate 3.5mm cord for audio. Any thoughts?

My Mobo is a rev 1.1 using the f14 bios. I installed Realtek 898 using multi-beast. ML 10.8.3

PS I have tested my monitor with another computer and the audio works fine

Thanks,

Chap

my monitor is connected to my graphics card through a dvi to hdmi cord and has a separate 3.5mm cord for audio. Any thoughts?
Exactly where is the 3.5 mm connector plugged in and what is selected in System Preferences/Sound/Output?

the 3.5mm cord is connected from the mother boards green port to the back of my monitors audio in port. I have selected both line out options in sound preferences and no luck.

the 3.5mm cord is connected from the mother boards green port to the back of my monitors audio in port. I have selected both line out options in sound preferences and no luck.
The motherboard green port is enabled with System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers. The first Line Out is the orange port and the second Line Out is the black port. For more info, see Downloads/Optimized_ML_AppleHDA_audio_screenshots.pdf in Post #1, Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx.

I have tried every combination. Thank you I will stay diligent and report back when I have solved my issue

The customer reviews on NewEgg for this monitor have lots of complaints about the Audio not working. suspect that is your problem since other speakers work.

Just noticed you have already tested the speakers in monitor on another computer. :rolleyes:

This might sound obvious but have you tried using other video inputs? I wouldn't be surprised if the 3.5mm audio jack isn't designed to work with the HDMI. Or is HDMI the only input? If it is, I'd say it's safe to say it's a problem with the monitor since headphones work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back