Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm planning building a hackintosh and I'm not sure about CPU-MoBo compatibility.

CPU: i5-2500
MoBo: GA-Z77X-UD3H
Graphic card: Gigabyte GT210
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04
Software: Snow Leopard

Also, is the GT210 necessary?

Thanks a lot

The CPU you chose is a Sandy Bridge version that includes HD 2000 which is not well supported thus requires a separate Video Card.

Your proposed Video Card is not easily supported.

I would recommend the newer Ivy Bridge CPU's which include Video support. Both of these have been used in many successful builds. They are also more reasonable than the the one you have in mind.

Core i3 3225 includes HD 4000 (Video) and is available from NewEgg for $140.
Core i5 3570k also includes HD 4000 (Video) and is available from NewEgg for $200.

Added: Using these CPU's eliminates the need of a separate Video Card.

One other thing you might want to consider and research further on this site or by doing a Google search.

The MB you are considering uses a VIA VT2021 audio chip which I believe has caused some difficulties.

I thought Sandy Bridge processors are better for SL than Ivy Bridge.

Anyway, I'll consider what you said. Thanks!

Since this is your first build, I suggest that you do your research based on the end product (OSX 10.9 Mavericks)

Most of us use the SL disk only as an initial install not as the final one. We then upgrade to Mountain Lion (a $20.00 store purchased download) followed by a free Mavericks upgrade download.

You will see that the differences between SL and Mavericks are substantial.

Anyway, good luck with your build. :thumbup:

Your processor is all right to run Snow Leopard, but the Ivy Bridge GA-Z77X-UD3H is to new. Apple don't update older versions of OS X for new processors/motherboards. As they update the software and hardware together.
Mavericks is available for free from the App store. You can use the Snow leopard DVD to update to 10.6.8 (you may also need a supplemental Apple update as well) download Mavericks and follow the 10.9 Installation guide. Use DVI-D or HDMI connection to your monitor. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Okey, thank you both of you

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back