GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

i'm having this issue with el capitan build.

I have to always boot into OS X using the unibeast thumb drive, if not it will just hang half way.

After i manage to boot into OS X with the thumb drive, i have to rerun multibeast 8.0 and restart the pc to be able to boot successfully with audio and bluetooth.

May i know what steps am i missing?

Hi all,

i'm having this issue with el capitan build.

I have to always boot into OS X using the unibeast thumb drive, if not it will just hang half way.

After i manage to boot into OS X with the thumb drive, i have to rerun multibeast 8.0 and restart the pc to be able to boot successfully with audio and bluetooth.

May i know what steps am i missing?

What selections are you choosing in MultiBeast? Are you selecting "Quick Start?"
If your USB Drive is working to boot. You can manually copy the config.plist from it, over to your EFI/CLOVER folder. This should allow you to boot without the USB Drive.

I have the same MoBo, and just successfully completed an El Capitan install, as of 1:00AM this morning. Learned a lot in the process, but the biggest thing is to get the system trimmed down to a basic hardware config, (I removed the nvidia GPU card, the USB 3.0 addon card, the extra 16GB of non-tonymacx86 approved memory, all drives but the boot drive which is a samsung 120GB SSD for the install, then updated the mobo BIOS to the latest non-beta version. That is first and foremost.

I fooled around on and off for a week with the install. Even opened a new thread asking for help and got fussed at by one of the moderators :( for not providing enough info in my post. However, ONCE I GOT THE SYSTEM TRIMMED DOWN AND UPDATED the install went as smooth as advertised. Can't stress that enough.

I will post the details of my build experience with links to the TonyMacX86, and other web pages that were necessary for the install tonight in a separate post and copy the link here for you.

What selections are you choosing in MultiBeast? Are you selecting "Quick Start?"
If your USB Drive is working to boot. You can manually copy the config.plist from it, over to your EFI/CLOVER folder. This should allow you to boot without the USB Drive.

Hi, yes. Just quick start UEFI Boot Mode in multibeast then build. I tried to find the config.plist on my bootable thumb drive,EFI-Backups folder but there is nothing in there.

Hi, yes. Just quick start UEFI Boot Mode in multibeast then build. I tried to find the config.plist on my bootable thumb drive,EFI-Backups folder but there is nothing in there.

You will need to mount the EFI partition of the USB drive and access it through EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

You will need to mount the EFI partition of the USB drive and access it through EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Hey n3oNLit3, it works. Thank you so much!

Do you have any idea how to get the 4 rear usb ports to work? I only have the bottom 2 working now. I tried putting both FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID into the kext folder of clover but it still won't work. Tried using multibeast and kext utility too.

There are six USB Ports on the back. Two of which are Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port)

The other 4 rear ports are controlled by a VIA VL800 chip. Those fixes (FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID) are for Intel controlled ports only. I do not know of a way to get non working, VIA controlled USB 3.0 ports working in El Capitan

There are six USB Ports on the back. Two of which are Intel controlled USB port(s) (located below the RJ-45 LAN port)

The other 4 rear ports are controlled by a VIA VL800 chip. Those fixes (FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID) are for Intel controlled ports only. I do not know of a way to get non working, VIA controlled USB 3.0 ports working in El Capitan

Thank you n3oNLit3 once again.
My default install, I'm able to use the 2 intel USB ports (located below the RJ-45 LAN port)
Though i do not have a USB 3 thumb drive to check the speed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, the 2 kexts (FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID) is to obtain usb 3 speeds?
And there is absolutely no way to activate the 4 rear ports by VIA VL800 chip?

Thank you n3oNLit3 once again.
My default install, I'm able to use the 2 intel USB ports (located below the RJ-45 LAN port)
Though i do not have a USB 3 thumb drive to check the speed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, the 2 kexts (FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID) is to obtain usb 3 speeds?
And there is absolutely no way to activate the 4 rear ports by VIA VL800 chip?

These kexts (FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID) force USB2 devices on XHCI to be routed to the EHCI controller, thus leaving room for the other ports on XHCI, while still staying within the 15 port limit. So essentially they allow for more port availability; allowing USB 3.0 to work as intended...

I was not saying there is NO way. Just that I am not aware of a fix for those controlled by VIA chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back