Intel Core i5-3570K
GA-Z77N-WIFI
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
BitFenix Prodigy
Corsair 650 Watt Modular
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD X2
SATA 6Gb/s 3TB HDD
GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Hi, so this is my first hackintosh, I have managed to get everything working, so far now can get into osx, had some issues with white screen but solved that. No longer need USB to boot up. All running smooth. But my wifi doesn't appear to be working. Bluetooth does. Just not wifi. I used the correct dsdt but no sure what the problem is. Any advise?

My build:

Intel Core i5-3570K
GA-Z77N-WIFI
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
BitFenix Prodigy
Corsair 650 Watt Modular
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD X2
SATA 6Gb/s 3TB HDD
GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Hi, so this is my first hackintosh, I have managed to get everything working, so far now can get into osx, had some issues with white screen but solved that. No longer need USB to boot up. All running smooth. But my wifi doesn't appear to be working. Bluetooth does. Just not wifi. I used the correct dsdt but no sure what the problem is. Any advise?

The Wifi module that comes with that board is the bit that is not compatible with OSX, you will need to change it for one that is, that probably means adding a separate bluetooth USB dongle. This information is given in the buyers guide for that motherboard, which is where you can find the other links :thumbup:

Adrian B

Ok, sorry if im stupid, but my graphics card is using pci slot, does that mean i would have to remove to add the wifi card, or can i remove the old wifi module on this motherboard, to slot this in?

Would a usb wifi module work? Id be quite happy to sacrifice a usb slot up? Are there any compatible usb dongles out there?

Hi Peter,

Its not a stupid question at all, your motherboard does indeed have only a single PCI slot, but you can remove the existing wifi card from its fixing on the motherboard and replace it with one that is OSX compatible. Here is a link to the thread which covers that very subject : http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/58146-guide-airport-half-mini-pcie.html

Adrian B

Edit USB Wifi info thread, working on same motherboard : http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/9...dwa-131-really-cheap-price-only-10-bucks.html

My build:

Intel Core i5-3570K
GA-Z77N-WIFI
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
BitFenix Prodigy
Corsair 650 Watt Modular
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD X2
SATA 6Gb/s 3TB HDD
GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Buy yourself an Atheros 9280 based miniPCIe card, they are cheap and there are lots of them in eBay. Just look for Atheros 9280 or Dell Wireless 1515. Another option is Broadcom BCM94322HM8L based card (a.k.a. Dell Wireless 1510), which also works out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back