ATI HD 4870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings. This is my 1st post so be gentle. :)

I tried Unibeast for Mountain Lion on a recent PC but got errors, so I decided to raid the piggy bank and went shopping. The results are very pleasing as ML installed with no problems - but I do need help now. Anyway, this is what I used:
  • GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH mobo, as I was hoping to get Thunderbolt to work
  • i7-3770 Ivy-Bridge cpu
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 ram
  • 480GB Intel 520 series SSD
  • TSST DVD burner
  • ATI Radeon HD4870 graphics with 1GB ram
  • Thermotake XT 775W PSU
  • Antec Skeleton case, to be placed in an acrylic cube
  • OS X 10.8.1

I would like to ask your guidance on where to find answers to the following issues that I am having:
  1. Can't ever come back from sleep mode, so currently turned off sleep, and have to shutdown each night
  2. Don't know how to enable the 2 Thunderbolt connections
  3. Don't know how to enable USB3
  4. Can't directly boot from SSD. I have to leave the Unibeast USB thumb drive in place and then boot from THAT into the SSD. I have the SSD as a boot drive in the BIOS, but it won't work without the USB Unibeast, which is rather slow to boot from.

Thanks for the fantastic stuff on this site. It means I can run OS X on my desktop, without tying up my MacBook Pro, and have decent performance too :).

Thanks in advance,

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

User Builds -> Mountain Lion Desktop Support (forum sections)
|
|
|
V​
User Builds == Confirmed [Successful] User Hardware Build Descriptions and questions on the build description

----------------------------> Forum Rules <--

Installed Multibeast and ticked all the boxes - system totally stuffed! :(

Wiped all and started from scratch. This time I only ticked the Easybeast and lo and behold my system now boots from the SSD. Great.

Ran Multibeast again and installed USB3 support. Looking good, so I rebooted. System stuffed again! Killed all USB 2 interfaces. Auch!

What am I to do? (Start again, again?)

I have the same MB and have solved most of the problems.

First, you only need the following settings in MultiBeast:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders >> Drivers >> Audio >> Universal >> VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2
Drivers & Bootloaders >> Drivers >> Network >> maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

Make sure your GraphicsEnabler setting is No

Also if you intend to upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 then you will need to disable vt-D in your BIOS settings.

Good Luck, if you solve the USB 3.0 problem let me know.

Cheers
BB

Are the following functionalities working with this motherboard?:

Dual Monitor (What GPU?)
ThunderBolt Ports (Storage)
Sleep Mode

Please let me know. I'd like to purchase the board this week.

Hello First Post (Be cool ,)
Noob & No good in english.

I have just buy a : GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH

So after several launch (again and again)
- I can only boot with unibeat (Usb) or i have a strange message... I will print it after.
- For USB-3 in my case front port (4,5 rack) stuck the Box (PC)

Is anyone able to list which : DSDT (is that possible to pack it ? (Please don't Shoot i'm newsbie)

Config :
- GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH + i7 3.5 (no overlocking)
- Geforce : GTX 660 Ti
(no probleme for install BUT Have ben installed AFTER the install of the Hackintosh)
-
OS X 10.8.2 (Buy and legal One)
(Install with
UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0 28-01-2013)

Strangely after the installation of the Geforce : GTX 660 Ti ... This OS start ULTRA Quickly (before it was very slow something like x25 more speed... ( i repat i'm newbe but it's strange enough to signal it)

Any help is welcome.

Any updates on this board.. or if any Haswell equivalent is expected?

I'm looking at this board, any updates? Sleep/wake? Thunderbolt?

Installed Multibeast and ticked all the boxes - system totally stuffed! :(

Wiped all and started from scratch. This time I only ticked the Easybeast and lo and behold my system now boots from the SSD. Great.

Ran Multibeast again and installed USB3 support. Looking good, so I rebooted. System stuffed again! Killed all USB 2 interfaces. Auch!

What am I to do? (Start again, again?)

Hi MrCurious and Others,

for your reference, here are the links to 3 already successful GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH builds posted on this forum;

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3570-ga-z77mx-d3h-th-16gb-ram-gtx-660ti.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...mx-d3h-th-rev-1-0-core-i5-3570k-16gb-ram.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ilverston-tj08-e-thunderbolt-1440p-works.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back