Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N-WiFi
CPU
E3-1230 v3
Graphics
GTX 760
Hey guys!

This weekend I've build my very first Hackintosh :) It hasn't been completely painless so far, but I think I'm almost done.
At the moment I'm running OS X 10.6.8, I don't have the money to upgrade to ML yet :L

Here are my specs:

Ga-Z77-UD3H
Core i3 3225 @3.3GHz (stock)
Intel HD 4000
2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
WD Caviar Blue for OS X and Storage
OCZ Agility 3 SSD for Windows

Now, the installation of OS X was pretty simple and went smooth. But I had some issue's with the drivers and kexts (I guess this is 'cause I'm using newer hardware with "older" software). Couldn't get my LAN and Audio to work, eventually fixed the LAN with a kext pack that was made for my board with ML, but it appears to be working well with SL so far :)

Now I only have a few things left that need fixing:

1- The bootloader. I've installed the newest version of Chimera. Before I plugged in the Windows drive I got the countdown screen where you should choose an OS, however, the bootloader got stuck at the grey screen with the Apple logo (no loading indicator). I've tried booting with -v, but everything appeared to be okay as it scrolled through the text really quickly only to get stuck at that same grey screen. I've now plugged in my Windows drive, moved the OS X drive with the bootloader to the top of my boot list in the bios. Now I don't get the countdown screen where I get to choose the OS, instead it just boots into Windows. When unplugging the Windows drive I get the grey boot screen again.

2- The RAM. I've installed 8GB of Kingston HyperX (1600MHz) RAM in my system. In the bios I can't set it to its proper speed but instead it's stuck at 1333MHz. Though that isn't my biggest problem, the problem here is that when I boot into OS X and go to "About this Mac", it tells me that I have only 4GB's of RAM. When I go to the more detailed list of hardware, it does tell me that in both, slot 1 and 3 (Bank B) there are 4GB's installed (in each slot). I did not get to choose between 64 and 32 Bit versions, so I'm not assuming that this is the issue? I've heard that this is because I boot via iBoot ('cause of the bootloader issue), is this possible?

3- Video and audio, I've got the audio working properly and I've also installed Adobe flash. However, when I went to Google Chrome to test YouTube, I got good audio but no video. The part where the video and volume, pause, etc. buttons were supposed to be was completely black. When I tried it in Safari, I did get the video but the audio got stuck :( Also, my browsers appear to be laggy and freeze a lot.

Any help here guys? :)
I'm a first time builder and I have absolutely no idea what to do next :p

Yep, I have Z77-UD3H and got to that grey boot screen... just gave up and installed fedora 16.

But in my heart, I hope this thing solves some time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back