Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H Yosemite Working Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
my boot times are waaaaaay slower than with Mavericks and Mountain Lion.:( Mountain Lion took about 10 seconds, Mavericks took 30 sec and now Yosemite takes just under a minute.:thumbdown: On other real macs it also takes way longer (Mac Mini, Mac Pro). I guess that's normal even if you would have a powerful machine. I'm not sure if you can do anything to fix this?

Have you tried to boot in safe mode or other modes? (you can see the Chimera help menu by pressing any key when in Chimera and then press the down key. I believe you can also boot from safe mode there). grey screen sounds like you could try booting with KextDevMode=1 or KextDevMode=0 if you normally boot with kext dev mode.

Because you don't know what Kext Dev Mode means, I assume you do not normally boot with Kext Dev Mode.

In that case, try booting with KextDevMode=1 (type this into Chimera when booting).
(You can also try booting in Safe Mode and KextDevMode=1.)

If that worked, let me know and I can tell you how you can boot without always typing those commands into Chimera via Multibeast.:thumbup:

For installing and running Yosemite, you have to use "kext-dev-mode=1" (MultiBeast for Yosemite - see tonymacx86 Yosemite Guides) or Yosemite will not load modified (unsigned by Apple) kext/drivers. The need for this kernel flag was discovered by PikeRalpha early in the Yosemita developer releases, IIRC.

If you used MultiBeast for Yosemite, it is already in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file as a kernel flag. If not, run MultiBeast selecting that option. You may have to boot at the Chimera screen with kext-dev-mode=1 to get to the Yosemite Desktop.

happy to hear your hackintosh is better now even if you didn't do anything:lol:

to use the onboard sound you need to download Multibeast 5 or lower I think, then find the yosemite multibeast and 5 in finder, right click and select show package contents on both. Then you need to take the audio driver that you need from multibeast 5 and swap it for the audio driver in the Yosemite Multibeast. Then open multibeast Yosemite and use your settings, apply and reboot.

It should work now, but I wasn't able to get sound after sleep unless i spammed the volume up button on wake until I heard sound from the speakers, so I use a sound card now.

To use a sound card you normally don't need to use any special multibeast settings, but you need to go to settings->sound then select your usb device.:thumbup:

I'm not sure what you can do about the webcam because I actually never use webcams :p, but a quick search here or google "there is no connected camera hackintosh"

Try booting with KextDevMode=1 , it might work. :)

Thank you for pitching in. I already have that string in my org.chameleon.boot.plist, apparently I installed it with Multibeast. I'll try changing it to 0, and deleting it altogether, and see what happens. Do you understand the difference between 1, 0, and not having it at all?

I have 2 Mountain Lion builds which worked flawlessly from day 1. I missed the boat on Mavericks, and am finding Yosemite a bit of a challenge.....

Try booting with KextDevMode=1 , it might work. :)

Thank you for pitching in. I already have that string in my org.chameleon.boot.plist, apparently I installed it with Multibeast. I'll try changing it to 0, and deleting it altogether, and see what happens. Do you understand the difference between 1, 0, and not having it at all?

I have 2 Mountain Lion builds which worked flawlessly from day 1. I missed the boat on Mavericks, and am finding Yosemite a bit of a challenge.....
No! Leave it in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. The new security measures Apple put into Yosemite will not load un-"signed" kexts/drivers unless you use the "kext-dev-mode=1" kernel flag. Your problem lies elsewhere. Try booting with the Chimera -v boot flag to see where it hangs/stops.

No! Leave it in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. The new security measures Apple put into Yosemite will not load un-"signed" kexts/drivers unless you use the "kext-dev-mode=1" kernel flag. Your problem lies elsewhere. Try booting with the Chimera -v boot flag to see where it hangs/stops.

I tried three times this morning with -v. After a few screens of scrolling print, it went to a solid white screen either with or without the cursor in the upper left hand corner. It did not hang anywhere with the scrolling print long enough for me to read a line. I then reverted to my standby, i.e., boot in safe mode and then reboot normally.

Hmmmm....

FURTHER TO POST 28:

I edited the "1" to a "0". Is this the same as removing it altogether? Bottom line, I have rebooted successfully about 20 times over the past 2 days, and it boots faster. But is there some hidden demon that will rear its ugly head when I least expect it?

PS - Sorry, I now see I could have edited my post 28, but I did not know how to delete this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back