Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

This is my guide how to update Mavericks to Yosemite on a Hackintosh. I will also explain how to fix the mach_kernel error and the grey no entry sign at boot.

I have a GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard
With 2x Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz
and Nvidia Gigabyte GT640 OC graphics.

Always do a backup before attempting to update a Hackintosh! :beachball:

1. Get Yosemite from the Mac App Store, get the latest Multibeast Yosemite Edition and get Unibeast 5.0.1 or newer

2. Create a Unibeast bootable USB flash drive

You will need an eight GB or more USB flash drive.
Take your flash drive and plug it in. Open Disk Utility and go to the erase tab. Select Mac OS Extended as the format, change the name to Yosemite and click erase.
Now open Unibeast and keep pressing Continue and Agree until you need to select a USB drive. Select your drive "Yosemite" and press continue. Don't select any of the two support options and press continue. Verify the install and press Continue. Type in your password, the install takes about 15 minutes. When it is finished open your flash drive in finder and put the unzipped Multibeast folder in the flash drive.

3. Booting from USB

Reboot your Mac and at the Gigabyte BIOS screen press F12 and select your USB. It will probably be called Patriot Memory. In Chimera select Yosemite and wait for it to boot.

4. Installation

Keep pressing Continue and Agree until you have to choose which hard drive/partition you want to install Yosemite on. Choose your hard drive and hit Continue. The install takes about 20 minutes, so be patient!

5. Multibeast

Open Multibeast from your USB and choose these settings: attached at bottom of post
DO NOT USE TRIM ENABLER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT (grey no entry sign at boot)

if you want to enable trim, read this: about trim enabler in Yosemite

(Note you will need to select different settings if you have a WiFi card or want to use the onboard audio as I will use a USB sound card.)

5. Reboot

If you can boot without issues,

Congratulations, you have just installed Yosemite on your Hackintosh!:headbang:

I hope this guide helped you fix any problems or just helped you install Yosemite on your Hackintosh. If problems occur just post them in the comments and I’ll try to help you.

P.S.: If you have accidentally enabled trim like I did:banghead: and the grey no entry sign appears at boot, just plug in your USB and reinstall! You won’t lose any data, but you’ll have to redo your Multibeast so just do the steps 3-5 again.

P.P.S.: If you get the mach_kernel error just install the newest version of Chimera and make sure you boot through the bios if you’re booting from USB.

EDIT: I had a problem when booting, so I booted in verbose and it stopped at BUG in process suhelpard. To fix this issue try booting while ignoring kext caches (-f) or try booting with use kext-dev-mode=1 or try both.:)
if that worked change the multibeast settings so you don't have to do this at every boot.

Attachments

• Yosemite 1. Nov. 2014.mb
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,575
have the same suhelp bug that prevents from booting, do you know what causes this ? and is kextdev mode the only workaround ?

you need to have kext-dev-mode=1 in order to load un-signed kexts such as audio kexts/FakeSMC

thanks for the info, didnt know, it works great now !

thats great :headbang:

Neotil, thanks for the info. I have the same setup as yours except I will be adding
a Syba SI-PEX40064 4-port SATA-3 card (Marvell 88SE9215) for non-boot drives.
In your Multi-Beast settings you list:
Code:
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 
36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912x, 88SE9172 and 88SE9230 SATA controllers.
All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and
can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

As the 88SE9215 is the non-RAID cousin of the 88SE9230; am I correct to conclude
I should not include ' 3rd Party SATA' if I want my drives to remain hot-swappable
or will Yosemite not recognize them?

Thanks Again!

@QuadFewl

I'm not sure but if you have another method to boot (other bootable mac partition or drive on your computer) just give it a try and if it won't boot, boot from your other mac partition/drive and run multibeast from there. There is an option to choose on which partition/drive you want to install multibeast settings, so select the partition/drive that won't boot. If it doesn't boot you can always re-install Yosemite from your USB:D

that's how I fixed my mac once:headbang:

Just curious. Did you add kext-dev-mode=1 to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, or did you add it at boot screen via the command line when booting into your hard drive?

when you're in Chimera you press any key, then move to to the hard drive/partition you want to boot from and then just start typing the command kext-dev-mode=1 and hit enter. You will now boot with kext-dev-mode=1!:thumbup: if your hackintosh boots properly, go to Multibeast and check the setting "Kext Dev Mode" and apply. Now you should be able too boot without the command "kext-dev-mode=1":D

hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back