Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H Yosemite Working Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact same problem, but you said it mostly freezes when you do CPU intensive tasks. I mostly use my computer to browse the web, and the freezes happen about once a month. I have not found a fix for this, sadly. It's not such a problem for me, but it might be for you.
I hope someone else can help you, but at least now you know that you're not the only one. ;D

Found this solution for the same problem on my v1.0 (11f) mobo freezing up when transferring data via ethernet.

Removed the "ALXEthernet.kext" & replaced it with "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext" per the above and no more crashes. :thumbup:
d/l'd several GB of data last night without a hitch. Before, my system would always freeze-up.

have this board running 10.10.4 with clover. Everything seems great but i cant get the front usb 3.0 ports to work. I have a pretty vanilla clover config as well. would love to get these two ports on the front of the case working.

Front USB 3 on the Z77-DS3H will only mount USB 3 devices.

Front USB 3 on the Z77-DS3H will only mount USB 3 devices.

thanks for the info, someone else suggested i try rehab mans usb 3 kext. would that make any difference ? not really a big deal as i have most of the stuff plugged in the back of the computer, usually just use the front for ipod and usb drives

I have gone from mountain lion to Yosemite (10.10.5 (14F27)) and had a few issues, most are resolved now (so it seems) just these last few bits that I would like to know if anyone else has experienced:

1. The power button no longer puts the computer to sleep. Sleep works from the apple menu and audio and network is restored fine. I also find that going to sleep is quite slow (can it be faster?).

2. I have a GeForce GT640 and if I turn graphics enabler on it will only dispay on one DVI output and doesn't see the second monitor it also thinks that the card has 0MB of RAM in the 'About this Mac Menu' however with it set to No it works fine so not worried, altough it has switched the primary and secondary monitor around.

Here is my boot:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I installed the following on multibeast 7.4.1:
Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek -> Without DSDT -> ALC887 -> v100302 Current
Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC
Drivers -> Network -> maolj's AtherosL1
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.16.1372
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.16.1372
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop

As the audio didn't work on wake I then installed the audio drivers from multibeast 6.1.0:
Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek -> Without DSDT -> ALC887 -> v100302 Current
(This thread helped! http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/145099-os-x-yosemite-alc887-888b-audio-fixed-my-guide-worked-me.html)

I moved the intelHD files from System/Library/Extensions/ as they caused a [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] error on boot (not to sure this was needed, never had this error on mountain lion).

Also kept the MacPro 3 def, seems to be fine.

Any info about those issues would be great. Also I haven't setup TRIM as I read that their are issues on 10.10.5 (I never meant to be an early adopter it was all I could download :().

I used Clover to update. Didn't have no issues. My audio worked because I'm using Clover Audio injection.

I managed to fix USB 3 i used PJALM MaciASL DSDT patches and my USB 3 works perfect now heres a link to my video. Let me know if it helps you. :thumbup:

[video=youtube;Ga3wDGjSGnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga3wDGjSGnE[/video]​

I finally had to update my OSX from Maverick to Yosemite and have encounter some of the boot issues.

Maverick was completely stable.

Try booting with KextDevMode=1 , it might work. :)

Is that when the apple screen is booting, and you press the spacebar and a small input box appears?

And you literally type in "KextDevMode=1" and press enter to boot? Just would like to make sure.

After a stable boot, I will like to install a 2GB or 4GB videocard for editing purposes with Premiere Pro. Anyone have experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back