Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GA-Z77-DS3H startup error [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed [SOLVED]

NOTE: Possible Duplicate post. Previous post flagged for mentioning a non- approved installer, also designed to allow me to put os x on MY HACKintosh. This was only to point out that the problem is persistent across installs, and is consistent in outcome. No endorsement of any kind is implied.

I have two problems with my new install, and I'm hoping I can get some help with them.

When I boot, the system seems to hang. I have left it sitting for up to 30 minutes with no progress. When I boot with -v, I get the following as my last line on screen:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I know this is an issue with video card kexts, and I have seen recommendations to simply remove kexts associated with your graphics cards, but I don't have a graphics card at the moment (on order from newegg). Does anyone know any way to solve this problem?

EDIT: PROBLEM 1 SOLVED Please see this post for more information.

The second issue may be because I've had to boot in safe mode, but I can't use or even find any of my sound devices. I just want to double-check that this is a safe mode issue, and not another problem.

EDIT 2: PROBLEM 2 SOLVED Loaded latest Voodoo kext instead of HDA. System is still stable 3 days later. No major bugs. Issue closed.

One final note: this problem seems to be install-agnostic. I have tried Unibeast with Multibeast, as well as [other application designed to allow me to put os x on MY HACKintosh] and gotten a similar (I didn't document well enough to confirm identical) error.

System:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor

Video Card
None

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I'd recommend recreating you unibeast installer and starting from scratch. There are many guides on here for your hardware so you shouldn't really have any problems.

trying to fix a problem can be frustrating, so starting from scratch and following the guides will eliminate any areas where you may have missed something

NOTE: Possible Duplicate post. Previous post flagged for mentioning a non- approved installer, also designed to allow me to put os x on MY HACKintosh. This was only to point out that the problem is persistent across installs, and is consistent in outcome. No endorsement of any kind is implied.

I have two problems with my new install, and I'm hoping I can get some help with them.

When I boot, the system seems to hang. I have left it sitting for up to 30 minutes with no progress. When I boot with -v, I get the following as my last line on screen:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I know this is an issue with video card kexts, and I have seen recommendations to simply remove kexts associated with your graphics cards, but I don't have a graphics card at the moment (on order from newegg). Does anyone know any way to solve this problem?

The second issue may be because I've had to boot in safe mode, but I can't use or even find any of my sound devices. I just want to double-check that this is a safe mode issue, and not another problem.

One final note: this problem seems to be install-agnostic. I have tried Unibeast with Multibeast, as well as [other application designed to allow me to put os x on MY HACKintosh] and gotten a similar (I didn't document well enough to confirm identical) error.

System:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor

Video Card
None

I have the same processor with a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 MB and have the same issue.

Any solution?

I just figured out the bootup problem using the guide found here.

The sound problem is persistent. I will update as I find out more.

I just figured out the bootup problem using the guide found here.

The sound problem is persistent. I will update as I find out more.

I don't quite understand, what do they mean with "Boot your USB and change directory to your HDD partition. Then you can move the kexts to backup folder" ?

Mountain Lion on my Hackintosh doesn't boot at all, it's always stuck.

Could you please provide me with a more detailed description of what to do?

Thanks a lot!

OK. Let's take this one step at a time. Please note that I am still a bit of a noob, and I am explaining this to the best of my understanding. Information I give on this topic could be very wrong.

Also, please read through EVERYTHING before you do anything. If you don't understand what you are doing and why you are doing it, you may end up worse off than if you had not done nothing.

I don't quite understand, what do they mean with "Boot your USB...

Use your Unibeast drive to boot into the install screen, just like you were about to install the OS for the first time. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM!!! Click the menu item "Utilities" on the top bar, then select "Terminal". You will be typing in the rest of the instructions in the terminal window.

...and change directory to your HDD partition.

This is the first line of code. You will type in cd /Volumes/your_partition
cd is interpreted by the terminal as "Change Directory to..."
Switch your_partition with the name of your hard drive where OS X is installed.

Then you can move the kexts to backup folder" ?

This is the rest of the code.

mkdir /kext_backup
This makes a new directory named "kext_backup" in the directory you chose in the previous step.

cd /Volumes/your_partition/System/Library/Extensions
You are choosing the folder "Extensions" in the folder "Library" in the folder "System" on your hard drive.
Please remember to substitute the name of your hard drive for your_partition .

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /Volumes/your_partition/kext_backup
This moves all the files whose names start with "AppleIntelHD" "AppleIntelSNB" "ATI" "GeForce" or "NVDA" to /Volumes/your_partition/kext_backup

reboot
This reboots your computer.

Now, read through the code again (I've copied it to the bottom of this post). Does it make sense? If so, start doing it very carefully. It is easy to mess up your system very badly in Terminal. Please be prepared to re-install OS X from square one if things go badly. Also, take some time to read about the Terminal and how it works. It can be one of the most powerful tools on your computer, if you spend even a little bit of time learning it.

You should probably post questions like this in another thread, too. It is a separate issue from mine, and you will probably get better answers that way.

Boot your USB and change directory to your HDD partition. Then you can move the kexts to backup folder.

Code:

cd /Volumes/your_partition mkdir /kext_backup cd /Volumes/your_partition/System/Library/Extensions mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /Volumes/your_partition/kext_backup reboot
*your_partition = If the name has spaces, use \ or " ".
e.g:
cd /Volumes/Mountain\ Lion
or
cd /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"

I JUST had this exact problem, I had the idea to go into the BIOS and set the integrated graphics to AUTO, instead of enabled (which was what I needed for initial installation), and BAM, I'm typing to you from my freshly booted hackintosh :)

I hope this helps!

hi sir, i solved it by using the command you specified
cd /Volumes/your_partition
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /Volumes/your_partition/System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /Volumes/your_partition/kext_backup
reboot

However this will result in the hd 2400 not able to get recongized by the system. this result in hardware acceleration not working. Any solution? i started my thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/97940-hd4000-support-gigabyte-h77m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

I solved my problem - stuck at -
IOBluetoothHCIController

By installing with unibeast
upgrading to chimera 2.0.1

Then I no longer had the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back