Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Not Booting Wintout NullCPU GA-Z77-DS3H Speedstep 2600K with NullCPU

Hello all, I am currently running El Capitan and use NullCPUPowerManagement to boot a 4.0GHz 2600K.

I have updated from Yosemite and am using Clover.
I made a DSDT according to this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga3wDGjSGnE)
The SSDT was made using the ssdtPRgen.sh script with a [-turbo 4000] flag.

DSDT: View attachment DSDT.aml
SSDT: View attachment SSDT.aml
Clover Config: View attachment config.plist

When I take out NullCPUPowerManagement my computer will boot, and will run for a couple minutes until giving a AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kernel panic. Can anyone assist me? i desire to have power management working.

Thanks

Yesterday, I have tried everything I know to get this working.

The DSDT does not appear to be loading as the DSDT that MaciASL brings up is different than the one that is the the clover/acpi/patched directory.

MaciASL should default to the one you're booting with (System DSDT in the title bar means unmodified, Pre-Edited DSDT means it's loaded one you provided). config.plist has a field where you could tell it to boot with a different one; you can verify that's set to DSDT.aml. You can make sure you've selected the ACPI 5 compiler and saved the DSDT as a binary. If you did a legacy install the DSDT goes on the system drive, if a UEFI install it goes on the EFI partition.

You can also use File/Open to have MaciASL open a specific DSDT file, but if your system is not using the one you think it is, you might not open the right one or save to the right place, so I'd clear that up first.

MaciASL does state Pre-Edited DSDT, but what It shows is different than the file located in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pathed/DSDT.aml

Notably the parameter OEM ID is different.

OEM ID "ALASKA" is in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pathed/DSDT.aml and
OEM ID "Apple" is in Pre-Edited DSDT

However, I think clover isn't loading either DSDT or SSDT, even through it is in the right place and Drop OEM (SSDT) is enabled.

I am booting in UEFI

My Skype is boris.superchao, if that can help diagnose the problem (share-screen).

HTML:
Is it possible that clover is failing to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext?

If so, how do I check?

Ideally, the computer should boot without NullCPU even without DSDT/SSDT if AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is patched properly by clover right?

Its Fixed!

I changed the turbo-boost values in the bios, changed to MacPro3,1 and enabled HPET.

That fixed it right up!

I no longer need NullCPU to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back