Graphics
EVGA GTX670 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but just finished my first Hackintosh build last night. Booted up fine a few times, with some glitches with the IOgear Bluetooth 4.0 adaptor. I've now switched back to a wired keyboard/mouse because I was unable to get it to work.

However, here's the larger problem now: ML Boots just fine, but two seconds after entering my password, the system freezes. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=yes and no options, and I must use "No" otherwise I can't even get to the login screen. Monitor is a Dell u2412m through DVI to the GTX670.

My system:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1
i7 3770K
EVGA GTX670
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
TP-Link Wireless N (TL-WDN4800)
IO GEAR Bluetooth 4.0 (GBU521)
Corsair Force GT 240GB SATA
WD Black 1TB
Corsair HX750 PSU
Corsair Carbide 400 case

Should be noted that the system will occasionally boot past this and run just fine (Steam, internet, video, etc) until rebooted.

I've searched the forums and have found a few threads where people have close to the same issue, but the solutions that they've found have not worked. Please let me know what other information I should post to try to obtain some help. I really appreciated it!

Haha I did repair the permissions as you said, and rebooted. Booted up just fine with no freezes after that. Is there more that you recommend that I do?

Well, back to the same issue. After a second restart, it's back to the same behavior.

Can anyone help me out or have any ideas?

Graphics enabler is already set to no in the plist for Chameleon - otherwise, I can't even get to the login screen. Using verbose and safemode sometimes gets past this error, but sometimes does not. It all seems very random.

That worked to boot into safe mode, and once booting normally. Looked up the actual bus ratio of 35 and input that, and it worked, too. However, it's still not fixed as it only worked those times. Trying the same thing again, and it doesn't boot as normal. It's all still random. Tried putting the strings into chameleon boot plist, and the same thing - sometimes it locks up a few seconds after inputting my password, and sometimes it doesn't.

Update: Did a lot of testing - switching RAM slots, trying one at a time, removing wireless card, and removing all usb devices, I finally removed the graphics card and switched to the HD4000 integrated graphics. It boots up as normal, and seems to be without fail. So the problem is with the graphics card. I looked around online for Mac drivers for it, and there are none. So, I'm not sure where to go from this point.

Booted using HD4000 and ran Multibeast to change to the Mac Pro 3,1 definition. Updated the drivers, even though it says they don't correspond to the GTX670. After installing the drivers, ran Multibeast again to patch the openCL for >2GB and the patch for the drivers. NVIDIA Drivers Found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/257-nvidia-releases-mountain-lion-10-8-2-graphics-drivers.html

Installed the Kepler 10.8.2 Fix as described in the following article
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/82266-kepler-gtx-670-680-etc-10-8-2-fix.html

And everything seems to work fine. Pretty solid. Now if only I could figure out how to get the bluetooth adapter to work!

Thanks for your help, ASUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back