4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Plus
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.

I have a GA-Z77-DS3H board, which I have gotten working with Lion in the past. I am now attempting to install ML on the same computer. I made the bootable thumb drive, went in and used disk utility to erase (but not reformat) the drive, and continued to install ML. After it said it was completed, my computer restarted, and it stays at the loading screen, well, forever.

What might I try to get past this point? The part that confuses me most is that I got it working with Lion, and it's the exact same setup.

EDIT

Normally, I resent taking pictures of computer screens with an external camera, preferring to delegate the task to the much more appropriate screenshot tool, but considering I am not yet at an operating system, by all means, take a look at where my verbose data stops... data-ing...

IMG_20130916_200553.jpg

Edit 2

It boots in safe mode.

Thanks.

I have the same issue. I can boot in safe mode but that's it.

I had the same problem with a very similar build. It turned out that some of the default settings in the bios were the issue. I found a post on this site where someone gave screenshots of the correct bios settings, so I tried them and now my machine is rock solid. I have tried and tried but can't find my way back to that post to thank the person who posted it... Anyway, on the "BIOS Features" page in the BIOS, disable VT-d. that fixed my issues.

seem like it not load the Nvidia kext, try disable Igpu in the bios, and boot with

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back