Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770K using HD4000 with full QE/CI, SLEEP, SOUND and ETHERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same happend here. In Lion it would say Intel 7 series, and in ML it sas unknown ACHI Standard Controller. But I noticed that the screenshots
tonymacx86 posted here on the site regarding ML and the Ivybridge/HD4000-support show the same "unknown ACHI Standard Controller".

This is because in Lion most of us where using BridgeHelper which injected a missing device id in AppleAHCIPort.kext. I wrote a legacy kext which does the same, benefit is that you don't have to repatch AppleAHCIPort.kext after a system update. Just install this with KextBeast, KextUtility or anything else into /S/L/E.

For those of you having problems with dual monitors and HD4000, have a look at my thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html
Some user have reported to me that with using ig-platform-id of 01620005 they were able to use dual monitors on DVI and HDMI.

Attachments

• LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 590
This is because in Lion most of us where using BridgeHelper which injected a missing device id in AppleAHCIPort.kext. I wrote a legacy kext which does the same, benefit is that you don't have to repatch AppleAHCIPort.kext after a system update. Just install this with KextBeast, KextUtility or anything else into /S/L/E.

this works for me! thank you !!!!

Hi,

I just goy my system up and running, and when doing post installation things I used your guide and almost had everything working.
Then when I did the chimera part I restarted and got stuck on the apple boot screen (the spinning wheel stopped as well).
I shut down the computer and now I get nothing on the screen at all. The screen doesn't recognise any input at all and goes to sleep.
Could this be due to VGA? If so its not a problem for tonight as I have a DVI-VGA adapted coming tomorrow so I can use my graphics card.
Is there any way I can get my system to display video again?

I am using the GA-Z77-DS3H with a 3570k.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

I just goy my system up and running, and when doing post installation things I used your guide and almost had everything working.
Then when I did the chimera part I restarted and got stuck on the apple boot screen (the spinning wheel stopped as well).
I shut down the computer and now I get nothing on the screen at all. The screen doesn't recognise any input at all and goes to sleep.
Could this be due to VGA? If so its not a problem for tonight as I have a DVI-VGA adapted coming tomorrow so I can use my graphics card.
Is there any way I can get my system to display video again?

I am using the GA-Z77-DS3H with a 3570k.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris, currently there is no known way to enable VGA port on HD4000. To temporarily use your system until your adapter arrives, try booting with GraphicsEnabler=no in Chimera bootscreen.

Hey Chris, currently there is no known way to enable VGA port on HD4000. To temporarily use your system until your adapter arrives, try booting with GraphicsEnabler=no in Chimera bootscreen.

Ok thanks for the reply!
I have a new monitor coming now so I can say goodbye to VGA anyway!

I fixed my system by resetting the CMOS and then reinstalling OSX :)

Hi,

everything works fine but i can only boot with the unibest stick. With chimera i hang in a never ending loading screen (spinning wheel). Any idea how to fix?

This also happend to me on a clean install.

Everything working for me using your guide :D

Same configuration, I also got my XFX Radeon HD6870 working, did all the installation and post installation with Intel HD4000, then simply plugged in the HD6870 and it worked perfectly :)

Haven't tested multipe displays though.

BTW has anyone got analog surround sound working ? Could only get stereo at the moment.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for this thread... I have almost everything working entirely as it should!

System boots in 1 second flat, multiple displays are recognized, and even my bluetooth keyboard and mouse worked wit little effort.

The only thing I have noticed is a large discrepancy in the read and write speeds of my OCZ Vertex 3. Below you can see that while the read is achieving upwards of ~450 mbps as it should, the write is significantly reduced and seemingly capped (never exceeds) 166 mbps. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 11.46.40 PM.jpg

Thank you very much for this thread... I have almost everything working entirely as it should!

System boots in 1 second flat, multiple displays are recognized, and even my bluetooth keyboard and mouse worked wit little effort.

The only thing I have noticed is a large discrepancy in the read and write speeds of my OCZ Vertex 3. Below you can see that while the read is achieving upwards of ~450 mbps as it should, the write is significantly reduced and seemingly capped (never exceeds) 166 mbps. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

View attachment 26327

This is normal because Vertexx3 uses a Sandforce controller which uses compression to achieve higher speeds. The newest version of Blackmagic Disk Speed Test is testing with incompressible data, so your SSD can't achieve full performance because it is not able to compress. I wouldn't worry about it, the results are perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Thank you very much, Dta... that puts me at ease! With that bit of knowledge, literally everything is working 100% as it should, except for AirPlay Mirroring to my AppleTV 3.

However, AirParrot achieves the same result with a lot more opportunity for customization!

Thanks again for the guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back