Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770K using HD4000 with full QE/CI, SLEEP, SOUND and ETHERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the GA-h77-ds3h
Did you use the guides audio alc88b/887 OR alc892

The ga-H77-ds3h and the ga-Z77-ds3h both use the Realtek ALC887,
this guide covers the setup for the ga-Z77-ds3h. But since there is no big
difference between the two chipsets, you should stick with installing the drivers thru
Multibeast with options selected as shown in the attached picture of the guide. (using the alc88b/887)

Hmm...try using the verbose boot-up flag (-v) and see where it gets stuck. Maybe there
is something the telling you what's wrong.

Hdmi audio

I have the same specs but I use hdmi (LG TV). The hdmi sound does not work for me and resolution is stuck at 1280x720

The ga-H77-ds3h and the ga-Z77-ds3h both use the Realtek ALC887,
this guide covers the setup for the ga-Z77-ds3h. But since there is no big
difference between the two chipsets, you should stick with installing the drivers thru
Multibeast with options selected as shown in the attached picture of the guide. (using the alc88b/887)

I actually get the volume controls and the outputs in preferences, but there's no sound from any of the outputs, including on-board S/PDIF and HDMI.

Any thoughts?

Audio and dual graphics

For audio I used alc88b/887. Now I also have my two displays running. I had to use another bootloader for that with built in modes for the HD4000 graphics.

I used the patched Chimera and HDPlatformId 3 to get all working fine.

I actually get the volume controls and the outputs in preferences, but there's no sound from any of the outputs, including on-board S/PDIF and HDMI.

Any thoughts?

Actually I just discovered that if I set the output to "Internal Speaker" I get sound from the back line-out. I think there might be an internal mapping issue...

Hi, if i start with Chimera i get stuck at (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12201651/Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-28 um 23.10.40.png) if i start with Unibeast USB Stick i get fine onto ml-lion :-D

I have made a video and i'm uploading it to youtube.

Any idea how to fix?

Well...Im not sure... but after you installed Chimera 1.11.0, did you check you org.chameleon.boot.plist?

After the Chimera 1.11.0 install, there will be two lines which say something like:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> or <key>BulitInEthernet</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Delete those lines and that might fix your problem. If you dont want to do a reinstall, it should be possible to boot into safemode
and change the org.chameleon.boot.plist from without Mountain Lion. There should be some guides around on how to do this. Can't find it right now,
but there was posted a video tutorial here on this site somewhere.

I have the same specs but I use hdmi (LG TV). The hdmi sound does not work for me and resolution is stuck at 1280x720

Sorry, but it's not possible for me to test the HDMI functionality at the moment.

Well...Im not sure... but after you installed Chimera 1.11.0, did you check you org.chameleon.boot.plist?

After the Chimera 1.11.0 install, there will be two lines which say something like:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> or <key>BulitInEthernet</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Delete those lines and that might fix your problem. If you dont want to do a reinstall, it should be possible to boot into safemode
and change the org.chameleon.boot.plist from without Mountain Lion. There should be some guides around on how to do this. Can't find it right now,
but there was posted a video tutorial here on this site somewhere.

Hi after installing Chimera 1.11.0 there is no such file in /extra. I have created my own with the content you have provided.

Edit: There is no need for reinstall, i can boot my ml-lion fine with using the unibeast stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back