My configuration:

GA-Z77-DS3H
i7-3770K
TP-LINK WDN4800 Wifi
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
4x4GB Corsair XMS3

My way to success:

1. Preparation

1.1 Create a Mountain Lion installer on are USB-stick og HDD-partition with the new Unibeast 1.5 (Guide is here)

1.2 Make sure your bios version is F6 and that the default settings are loaded!

1.3 Now change SATA MODE from IDE to ACHI. (that's it don't change anything else yet)

1.4 Make sure you are using the DVI-input and not the D-SUB for connecting your monitor.

2. Mountain Lion installation

2.1 Boot your Mountain Lion installer

2.2 Format the partion or drive that you want to use, using disk-utility

2.3 Continue the installer, select your newly formatted disk.

2.4 When the installer is done, the computer will restart. When you arrive at the boot menu, select the now installed Mountain Lion (Not the Mountain Lion installer you've created)

2.5 Follow along and finish the setup, until you arrive at the desktop.

3. Post-install

3.1 Download Chimera 1.11.0 and Multibeast 4.6.1

3.2 Install multibeast. Use the settings shown in the attached image.

3.3 Now install Chimera 1.11.0, and make sure your org.chameleon.boot.plist looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

3.5 The strings

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

should not be needed, only if you have problems selecting the right resolution. But since the Intel HD 4000 is 100% supported by Mountain Lion, you should be able to change the resolution within the OS.

3.5 Reboot...and volia! Everything should be working.

By the way... if you have trouble with OSX detecting your HD4000/Monitor the right way, try to unplug and reconnect your DVI-cable, while your in Mountain Lion

UPDATE: Added 3.5 - regarded the "Graphics Mode" string.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 3.42.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 3.42.06 PM.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 18,953
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 3.42.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 3.42.23 PM.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 18,233
I have a similar machine. Instead of the 3770k I have a 3450. Sadly, the Intel HdD2500 doesn't work, but I think I will replace it with the i5 3570 to get full GPU support.
The only thing i'm wondering why you did not install the TrimEnabler. I observed my Samsung 830 boots terrible slow (i compare with my Windows Install, which boots in under 20 seconds.)
And is it a benefit to install the system definition with iMac 12,2?
The only problem now, besides the GPU, is the sleep mode. Doesn't work for me. Oh, and iCloud said, I have reached the limit of five connected machines, so I'm not able to use iCloud. Do you have similar problems?

To begin with it was very slow while loading the os (going past the white screen with the apple logo and spinning wheel took like forever!)....but I don't have problems with slow boot-up now. Actually I don't think I've ever had a computer that booted this fast....And I think it had to do something with the the system definition.

I tried to get everything to work with the standard Mac Pro-definition...but had a lot of trouble with the HD4000, Sleep/wake and slow boot-up, once i changed it to iMac 12,2...everything just fell into place. Can't explain why thou.

iCloud works fine for me...runs like on a native mac. I don't know...but I think maybe apple checks some sort of unique identifier when you connect to iCloud, maybe your hackintosh has an identifier thats been used to many times(?)

Im not an expert, and this is merely my 2nd hackintosh

Bye the way....only problem I have now is when i go into Diablo 3, this screen is distorted and it unable to play the game. Maybe not full QE/CI after all?...

Bye the way....only problem I have now is when i go into Diablo 3, this screen is distorted and it unable to play the game. Maybe not full QE/CI after all?...

Wups...found the problem. Monitor could cope with the resolution Diablo was set to run. A reinstall of the game fixed that :)

Awesome post pmeisner...

I have reinstalled for the umpteenth time mucking up my system trying to get a my GT-520 card working.... so far it is a no go.... not sure what I need to do in Multibeast, if anything. Everything else works. Don't know about sleep... never use it.

Anyways... followed your guide and everything went without a hitch, except I had to add a <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>1920x1080x32</string> to the chameleon boot plist for my HDTV connected to the DVI port.

Anyone know how to add an NVidia Board at this point?

Mobo: Z77-DS3H Bios F6
CPU: i5-3570K
Graphics: hd4000
Ram: 8 Gig
WiFi: Broadcomm Mod
Bluetooth: rocketfish

Works like a charme

This guide worked perfectly for me on a:

GA-H77-DS3H
i7-3770

Finally my system is running. The only thing for now is that only one display is supported (on the DVI port). HDMI only shows a distorted copy of the main display.

GA-H77-DS3H
i7-3770

Finally my system is running. The only thing for now is that only one display is supported (on the DVI port). HDMI only shows a distorted copy of the main display.

Same issue for me... but if I plug only one display, I can use DVI or HDMI...

Im running the same board but with a PNY gt 440 and an i5-2500k. Its having the same issues. HDMI. ALso having some issues when the screen goes into screen saver or locks. The whole thing messes up.

ga-h77-ds3h audio???

GA-H77-DS3H
i7-3770

I also have the GA-h77-ds3h
Did you use the guides audio alc88b/887 OR alc892
In lion mine shows it's a 892 [been using usb so not sure what works] and
THANKS for the help!

Hi,

everything works fine but i can only boot with the unibest stick. With chimera i hang in a never ending loading screen (spinning wheel). Any idea how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back