Graphics
Intel HD4000 / Gigabyte 670 OC, 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] GA-Z77-DS3H / i7-3770K using HD4000 - Flickering / sluggish / poor graphics

My setup:

GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.0
i7-3770k using HD4000
Samsung 830 SSD

Everything worked 100% with ML 10.8.2 but after updating to ML 10.8.3 (I used the combo-update), the Intel HD4000 is not performing as it should!

Graphics are sluggish / flickering.

Examples:

Safari Top-sites are flickering / blinking.
Using Mission-Control or Launchpad is slow/sluggish.

I've tried everything...even doing a clean install...but everytime I update to 10.8.3 graphics become messed up!

I've noticed that OS X recognises the intel HD4000 correct, but reports that it has 768MB memory, instead of 512mb, as
it would say under 10.8.2, but it still feels as if QE/CI is not fully working...

UPDATE - I found a solution - UEFI/BIOS needed to be updated to version F9.

First of - I had TimeMachine backups from the last-year or so....but no mather what backup i restored to, I had the same problems...
Everytime i installed the new multibeast/chimera and the ML 10.8.3-update my graphics performance on the intel HD4000 was unacceptable!

I tried a lot of stuff..even doing a reinstall and playing around with manual device injection and UEFI/BIOS settings. Nothing worked.

So reading on a lot of post here in the forums from people who have the same motherboard...I noticed that my UEFI/BIOS was not up to date,
I then downloaded the F9-version for my motherboard (I have the rev. 1.0) - installed it - and restored my system to the latest TimeMachine backup,
installed the new chimera...and voila - everything back to normal - the HD4000 works as it should...and I havnt encountered any other problems.

Try changing iGPU memory settings in bios, maybe 64mb. Search for settings others with that board are using for 10.8.3

Have same board with a 3570k CPU. Same ssd. Have never had an issue with hd 4000 video. I started with snow leapord 10.6.3 retail dvd then upgraded to 10.6.8 for app store. Purchased 10.8.3 from app store. Used unibeast and multibeast and no issues at all. With 20 acer monitor or 55inch vizio TV. May have to add a kext key for your monitors resolution i did not. Like other post i have bios set to 64mb shared. Are you connected to a tv or pc monitor

It's connected to PC-Display over DVI - What do you use?

Could you post you org.chameleon.plist and your multibeast settings? Would be awesome! :)

Sorry for late response. I connect to both pc monitor and sometime to tv. Either give me no issues. Here is my setup.
I am using that network kext because I am using A trend net adapter. you would use the Atheros if using onboard network.
Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 2.20.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-04-25 at 2.20.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-04-25 at 2.36.13 PM.png

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot copy.plist
    1 KB · Views: 334
I finally solved my problems - I updated the main post with the info - basicly I updated my UEFI/BIOS!

Thanks for the help!

Interesting..I've got the same board (rev 1.0) but i5-3570k. I've been running UEFI F8 with HD4000 working fine. I saw the release notes that F9 has a CPU microcode update, so I decided to pass since my CPU is already supported. What UEFI version did you run prior to updating to F9?

Interesting..I've got the same board (rev 1.0) but i5-3570k. I've been running UEFI F8 with HD4000 working fine. I saw the release notes that F9 has a CPU microcode update, so I decided to pass since my CPU is already supported. What UEFI version did you run prior to updating to F9?

I used the same as you - F8 - and the HD4000 work fine up until i update ML and Chimera...

Is there some kext that you have had to install to make the HD4000 show up? Or did you have to use chimera?

I just built a new system using the z77- ds3h motherboard on f9 firmware with and SB core i3. No matter what I have tried with the BIOS settings, or multibeast settings, it always just shows as a generic 64 megabyte graphics card, and I get a sluggish and flickering video on safari.

I have tried to DVI, HDMI, and VGA output. Sometimes, always get with DVI output is a black screen with a bunch of wondering white squares when I move the mouse around.

if any of you are willing, could you let me know what details you might need me to post for any further assistance with this?

10.8.2 still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back