Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, I7-3770, Nvidia GTX 560TI, Crucial M4. Still waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
CPU
I7 6700K
Graphics
GTX Evga 750TI SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Getting stuck at Waiting for root device on Unibeast startup. ( Can't get to installation menu)

GA-Z77-DS3H
I7-3770
Nvidia GTX 560TI
Crucial M4 SSD

Tried,

-v
-v GraphicsEnabler=No
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

Can anyone help? Would be great Thanks.

I have built several similar setups, and run into this problem often. All those components work natively with a UniBeast 10.8 or 10.8.1. The problem is most likely the bios and its settings, they are by far the most show-stopper element on the new, easy ivy bridge setups.

I'd do a qflash to the latest bios from Gigabyte. I will post back some screenshots of the bios settings I have used many times. I have used the following for reference:

z77-ud5h
z77-ds3h
z77-d3h

I prefer the D3H most of all. It has been the most reliable and trouble free, and a USB sound card or headset is so much easier. I prefer the creative labs THX stuff, plug & play, sounds great.

These are screenshots of the two screens that in my experience have settings which can easily kill a proper boot. Once it boots, you should be smooth sailing with your hardware.

IMG_0889.JPGIMG_0890.JPG

Thank you both for your help, Just about to update my bios to F8. ( currently on F6)

I will let you know how i get on.

What should i have to boot with?

Im using the latest uni beast from the downloads section. and 10.8.1 from mac app store.

No Luck, Here is a screen shot

Attachments

• 20120921_014619.jpg
    20120921_014619.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,157
Yeah, I have to admit, thats the best thing I can think of is go back to step one and double check everything. MBR partition, new unibeast, make sure the bios settings include ahci and uefi. You have the perfect hardware for one of the easiest builds. I wish I could think of more help right now.

I have two SSDs, one HDD

Windows on one

one for mac

and one for storage.

I have DISCONNECTED all other HDD's/SSD's

So it can't be that, Yep got it to achi. Thing is i got it installed before on a previous HDD but it failed so had to purchase a new SSD. It really is bugging me.

got ML from the app store on my other hackintosh. I believe its the latest version as it was only done today.

Just re-making USB. It was MBR but third time lucky?

If not i will post a picture of each of my bios menus.

Thanks for your help

Ok spoke to soon

-v and -v PCIRootUID=0 I get to the white screen with a spinning mouse circle which moves when I move the mouse.

graphics enabler=no I get a black screen and monitor goes off

Ok spoke to soon

-v and -v PCIRootUID=0 I get to the white screen with a spinning mouse circle which moves when I move the mouse.

graphics enabler=no I get a black screen and monitor goes off

I found out the front USB ports are what was causing my previous problem.

Plugging the USB stick into the back allows me to get further. But get a white/grey screen with the multicolored circle which moves when i move my mouse. I am currently installing uni beast to a new USB and see if it changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back