Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

My specs are: GA-Z77-DS3H, GTX 650.

Just had a clean install of Eli Capitan with unibeast (Clover).Tried all of the atheros ethernet drivers multibeast offers but none of them works and the ethernet card is not recognised, hence, I do not have lan connection.

However, I've noticed a weird behaviour, when I boot with the USB flash drive (which has the unibeast on it) connected , the ethernet card is recognised and I have an internet connection when I plug it and restart, ethernet is gone again.
The boot is done via the SSD drive and not via the usb drive.
Note that when I boot, I select the MAC OS-X option (after F12 is pressed).

Anyone has a clue how to resolve this?

thanks,
Guy.

Anyone has a clue how to resolve this?

Yes, boot with the USB and when you reach the desktop open About this Mac.
In System report look at Ethernet and you will see the kext that is loaded.
Install that kext into /Library/Extensions on your hard drive.

Ethernet.png

Last edited:
Yes, boot with the USB and when you reach the desktop open About this Mac.
In System report look at Ethernet and you will see the kext that is loaded.
Install that kext into /Library/Extensions on your hard drive.

View attachment 213843
Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 5.47.47 AM.png

thanks for the quick reply !!!

I assume the following are dummy questions...:) , however, up till now, I never had to deal with such operations...

How do I get the kext file? from where?
How do I install the kext file?

many thanks,
Guy

View attachment 213844

thanks for the quick reply !!!

I assume the following are dummy questions...:) , however, up till now, I never had to deal with such operations...

How do I get the kext file? from where?

many thanks,
Guy

I've review the system log and found this (when the network does not work):

Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac lsd[186]: LaunchServices: Scheme mapping file does not exist, creating file.
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac apsd[72]: Unable to bootstrap_look_up connection port 'com.apple.askpermission.aps' for user 0: Unknown service name
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac apsd[72]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac apsd[72]: Unable to bootstrap_look_up connection port 'com.apple.askpermission.aps' for user 0: Unknown service name
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac apsd[72]: <APSConnectionServer: 0x7fd9db40c450> Invalid mach port - Cleaning up this named port's topics. com.apple.askpermission.aps
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.appkit.xpc.sandboxedServiceRunner): The JoinExistingSession key is only available to Application services.
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac findmydeviced[188]: findmydeviced has been launched
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac com.apple.kextd[42]: kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext"
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac com.apple.kextd[42]: Can't load /Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext - authentication problems.
Oct 4 06:57:59 Guys-iMac com.apple.kextd[42]: Load com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet failed; removing personalities from kernel.

and also:
Oct 4 07:01:22 Guys-iMac com.apple.kextd[42]: Can't open CFBundle for /EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.

Does it help to understand the issue? as it seems that the kext is already there.

Delete AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext from /Library/Extensions.
Delete AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts.

Download ALXEthernet and place it on the Desktop.
Download KextBeast and run it - Choose /Library/Extensions as the install location.

Rebuild cache with Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
and
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Restart and choose the without caches option from Clover.

Be aware that there are two versions of the Z77-DS3H and this solution will only work for one of them.
If it does not work for you then you probably have the other version and should use the forum search tool to find other Z77-DS3H Ethernet solutions.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Download KextBeast and run it - Choose /Library/Extensions as the install location.

Rebuild cache with Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
and
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Restart and choose the without caches option from Clover.

Be aware that there are two versions of the Z77-DS3H and this solution will only work for one of them.
If it does not work for you then you probably have the other version and should use the forum search tool to find other Z77-DS3H Ethernet solutions.

Good Luck

Great, thanks a lot !
it solves the ethernet card issue ! yet, I didn't choose the w/o cache option in clover, as I didn't find it and also didn't find the EFI folder neither to remove the Kext.
I have some doubts regarding my install as I cannot boot to the "Mac OS-X" anymore (I've re-installed the os-x) and I need to boot to the SSD driver where this open the "launcher" screen in low resolution. Also, in the first install, on the login screen I had my user and also Guest user option and this does not show up... weird.

Does this matters? (where the boot is performed)

Great, thanks a lot !
it solves the ethernet card issue ! yet, I didn't choose the w/o cache option in clover, as I didn't find it and also didn't find the EFI folder neither to remove the Kext.
I have some doubts regarding my install as I cannot boot to the "Mac OS-X" anymore (I've re-installed the os-x) and I need to boot to the SSD driver where this open the "launcher" screen in low resolution. Also, in the first install, on the login screen I had my user and also Guest user option and this does not show up... weird.

Does this matters? (where the boot is performed)

I found how to remove the bootloader, I will try to re-install after removing it.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...r-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems/

This worked for my GA-Z77X-UD5H and Sierra! Been pulling out my hair for weeks trying to get my Atheros ethernet to work and couldn't remember what kext I used with Mavericks through El Capitan.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back