Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Been trying to get Mountain Lion to work on this thing for a while now and have the same issue no matter what I try. Did a lot of research and couldnt really get any info. Everything works amazingly well in Lion.

GA-Z77-DS3H on UEFI bios F3
I5 2500k
NVidia 8800GTS 640MB. Got tired of trying to get it to work on my 550Ti
16GB Ram
TP-Link Wdn4800 wifi works oob
Iogear Bluetooth works oob
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Samsung 2tb
WD 1tb
WD 250gb

Used unibeast, I'm able to get to the install screen just fine and even have dual monitors with their native resolution during install. Reboot after install and have full graphics and everything works except audio and speed step without running Multibeast. Run multibeast with the following choices:

Nondsdt
Audio nondsdt 887b current
Ethernet
Fakesmc and plugins
Macpro 3,1
Generate CPU states
I5 ssdt

After reboot it gets to the apple screen and then reboots. In verbose mode I see p-stepper error and a couple of other lines before it reboots. Reboots too fast so couldnt see what they were. This happens every time after running multibeast. Sometimes it will even get to the desktop for a second and then reboot. Boots fine in safe mode or if I use NullCpuPowerManagement which makes me think it's something to do with speedstep even though I have an ssdt installed. I've tried this probably 20 or 30 times, thinking about throwing in the towel and getting a 3570k to solve the speedstep issue but would really prefer not to as the 2500k works great and is only a few months old.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I have same CPU/mobo and don't have any issue and I even hit over 12K in Geekbench with OC to 4.0 with stock cooling.
You have the one of most hackintosh friendly system but you are setting up wrong.

You are selecting too many and wrong options in multibeast.
If you do some search in this site, you will notice you need to select userDSDT instead of eastBeast even though you don't have DSDT.

I think easybeast installs NullCPUPowerManagement but this board does not need it and that will create a problem with speedstep. (I thinkg NullCPU diables speedstep)

Onec you are able to boot, then do SSDT later. Actually you don't even have to install SSDT unless you are overclocking.

Good luck.

Thanks. I always do check UserDSDT but do not put the DSDT on the desktop. But I will try doing it one at a time and see if that works.

csu266, another big issue is update the UEFI to F6, I had issues using F3. First thing I do is update BIOS before even trying to install.

So the Gigabyte website only lists F8 for bios, looks like they've removed all the older BIOS versions. Would F8 work?

Did f8 work?

Was able to get F6 from Gigabyte's website. Updated bios and same thing still happens. Everything's fine until I run multibeast, then it either reboots during the boot processes or boots to the desktop and then reboots. Have tried everything from GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 etc etc.

Todesto, you said I am selecting the wrong options in multibeast, post what your multibeast selections were. Thanks.

After thinking about it, I have a feeling its the 8800GTS 640MB, because everything loads up and even gets to the desktop before crashing. But not sure because I have full resolution and graphics at the installer screen and immediately after install without multibeast. I am able to reboot, shutdown etc with no issues, only starts having problems after running multibeast. How can multibeast cause a video card issue?

Use this file. Replace it with your in Extra folder and try it.
Also make sure you don't have NullCPU and have native AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    736 bytes · Views: 352
Thanks. Tried installing again with your file, had the same issue. Pulled my video card thinking thats the problem and installed using HD3000, put in the tweaks to the kext found on the site and got full resolution on my monitor after install. But as soon as I put in the i5 SSDT from multibeast and reboot, it doesnt want to load into the OS again. Gets almost to load and then reboots. If I overclock the CPU and put in the i5 overclock SSDT from multibeast, it KPs and throws a Pstepper error.

I have a strong feeling something is wrong with some setting in my Bios and not the graphics since it does the same thing with the HD3000 as well. Going to try to restore BIOS settings and only change to AHCI and try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back