Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H + ALC887 does not work on 10.11 GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
jbamford I would like to try your config.plist I'm having al kinds of problems for some reason.

Try the cloverALC script to enable audio. You will likely need to mount your EFI partition first, for which you can use e.g. EFI Mounter v3.

My GA-B75M-HD3 MB also has the ALC887 and I am using the CloverALC method. It does work to a point though. After rebooting sound works as expected, no issues. After waking up from sleep, it does work a few seconds and then, if nothing is getting played, it disappears - I can hear the pop. I think it's something to do with keeping one of the ports alive or something. It's really weird. If I start playing something during those few seconds after it wakes from sleep, the sound stays alive until another sound makes it into the pipe. After that it disappears again. I have tried different things to keep the signal in the sound card on but nothing worked. Obviously, rebooting fixes the issue.

Hi Guys, this Kext is working with 10.11, also. Just give it a try. Put it in S/L/E! And clover Kext places.
Cheers
Sascha

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    75 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back