i7-8700k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

After I gave up on the HD3000, I got a GA HD6870. A fresh install of 10.7.3, and only checking Easybeast and the Atheros kext in Multibeast 4.4.0, I tried out sleep. The computer did turn off the screen, but all fans stayed on. Did not wake on keyboard press. Had to shut down by holding the power button. Normal startup afterward.

The subject error code was in the kernel log.

I'd like to fix this, and I am perplexed, as sleep-wake seems to be working for people w/o a DSDT.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Maybe I should try it with the one older Multibeast?

Zsolt

Easybeast installs NullCPUPowerManagement, which breaks sleep mode. However, for some Hackintoshes, this kext is required for Mac OS X to boot.

Try installing this instead. It does the same thing as NullCPUPowerManagement, but it doesn't break sleep. However, it's version-specific, so you have to install a new version of it every time you update.
E3huO.png

TheSmartGuy said:
Easybeast installs NullCPUPowerManagement, which breaks sleep mode. However, for some Hackintoshes, this kext is required for Mac OS X to boot.
Thank you, sir, that was the problem. I just deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and did not install SpeedStepper. I confirmed that speed stepping is still taking place. The computer now sleeps and wakes.

Zsolt

stargazer72 said:
TheSmartGuy said:
Thank you, sir, that was the problem. I just deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and did not install SpeedStepper. I confirmed that speed stepping is still taking place. The computer now sleeps and wakes.

Zsolt

Awesome. :thumbup:

And what about 10.7.4? any news?

Yeah are the boards working fine with 10.7.4 still?

Hopefully there is still someone using one of this motherboards with a sandybridge processor as i think there's no 10.7.4 custom kernel yet.

Cheers

Have a Z77-DS3H with 2700k i7 here.

Installed with the latest Lion image from Appstore which is 10.7.4.
First I run MultiBeast with "EasyBeast Install" option which installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Sleep wasn't working but I haven't had an issue with CPU PStates and Geekbench was showing full speed.
I re-run MultiBeast this time with UserDSDT to fix Audio issues. Everything worked excepted Sleep.
Then I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, rebooted and got the PStates issue but sleep worked fine. Geekbench only showed half of the points at this state.
That I fixed with viewtopic.php?f=177&t=59889

in short: 10.7.4 works fine with UserDSDT (which doesn't install NullCPUPowerManagement) and the CPU PM fix. Only thing I have right now is Audio, but I guess I didn't try hard enough on this one yet.

Many thanks for the info, glad to hear :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back