Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i was looking for the dsdt for my motherboard which is a Gigabyte Z77-D3H, but it has disappeared from the dsdt database, can anyone give me a direct link to the download or is there a compatible dsdt for this board from a slightly different motherboard?

paopao28 said:
i was looking for the dsdt for my motherboard which is a Gigabyte Z77-D3H, but it has disappeared from the dsdt database, can anyone give me a direct link to the download or is there a compatible dsdt for this board from a slightly different motherboard?
Why don't you create the DSDT yourself? For mainboards with series 7 chipsets there usually not much left to do but if you don't succeed you can at least extract the DSDT and post it so that we can help you.

Mieze

I also have a GA-Z77-D3H and like paopao28 would be very interested in a proper DSDT for it.

I don't know where to start when it comes to modifying one myself, but if anyone can help I have attached mine extracted with DSDT editor.

It doesn't compile successfully:
errors.png
GA-Z77-D3H.txt

Thanks,
fracture

Attachments

• errors.png
    errors.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 775
  • GA-Z77-D3H.txt
    334.4 KB · Views: 642
fracture said:
I also have a GA-Z77-D3H and like paopao28 would be very interested in a proper DSDT for it.

I don't know where to start when it comes to modifying one myself, but if anyone can help I have attached mine extracted with DSDT editor.
I corrected the errors for you and added the following patches:
1) Added method _DSM to device LPCB.
2) Added device BUS0 to device SBUS.
3) Added method DTGP.
4) Patched device PWRB so that you can use the power button to send the machine to sleep / wake it up (needs to be enabled under Mac OS X in system configuration too).

Mieze

Attachments

• GA-Z77-D3H-patched.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 460
Mieze said:
I corrected the errors for you and added the following patches:
1) Added method _DSM to device LPCB.
2) Added device BUS0 to device SBUS.
3) Added method DTGP.
4) Patched device PWRB so that you can use the power button to send the machine to sleep / wake it up (needs to be enabled under Mac OS X in system configuration too).

Mieze

Thanks Mieze!

What's the best way to test this? install with Multibeast? or will dropping it in /Extra and repairing disk permissions before reboot be sufficient?

If I get a kernel panic, can it revert back to the current setup by removing it from /Extra?

fracture said:
What's the best way to test this? install with Multibeast? or will dropping it in /Extra and repairing disk permissions before reboot be sufficient?
Both ways should work. Personally I prefer Terminal or remote logins via SSH to do modifications. SSH might be especially useful in situations when you end up with a blank screen while experimenting with onboard graphics or a graphics card. Installing a new DSDT can be done with
Code:
sudo cp ~/Desktop/DSDT-new.aml /Extra/DSDT.aml
fracture said:
If I get a kernel panic, can it revert back to the current setup by removing it from /Extra?
Yes. In case of a KP boot with the installer USB-stick but instead of starting the installer select Terminal from the Utilities menu. Once you are in Terminal you can cd to your harddisk's Extra folder and remove the DSDT.

Mieze

It works! Well boots successfully.

I tried the sleep function, after checking the 'Allow power button to put computer to sleep' option was ticked in System Preferences. It puts the machine to sleep, but i can't wake it up :( - never mind, not a big problem.

I also noticed there is still an error and a warning when compiling the DSDT:
error2.png

Not sure if these are anything to worry about?

fracture

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 571
fracture said:
I tried the sleep function, after checking the 'Allow power button to put computer to sleep' option was ticked in System Preferences. It puts the machine to sleep, but i can't wake it up :( - never mind, not a big problem.
This might be a problem with your BIOS settings. When I set the amount of shared RAM to 32MB the machine doesn't wake up anymore, but if I select 256MB it wakes up as expected. As OS X ignores this setting I don't see any reason for this behavior but it's reproducible.
Gigabyte and MSI are both using an AMI BIOS for their series 7 chipset's boards, that's why your DSDT is nearly identical to mine, and I wouldn't rule out that there are more quirks like that. Maybe you'll have to play around with your settings.

fracture said:
I also noticed there is still an error and a warning when compiling the DSDT:
Really strange! I downloaded the uploaded DSDT and checked it again but it compiles without error. I also compared the corresponding lines with those of my board's DSDT and there is no difference so that I can't reproduce the problem. There are two possible causes of error:
1) We are using different versions of DSDT Editor, mine is 0.7.
2) The file has been damaged somehow.

Mieze

Mieze said:
This might be a problem with your BIOS settings. When I set the amount of shared RAM to 32MB the machine doesn't wake up anymore, but if I select 256MB it wakes up as expected. As OS X ignores this setting I don't see any reason for this behavior but it's reproducible.
Gigabyte and MSI are both using an AMI BIOS for their series 7 chipset's boards, that's why your DSDT is nearly identical to mine, and I wouldn't rule out that there are more quirks like that. Maybe you'll have to play around with your settings.

Ok, thanks i'll have a play with the amount of shared RAM, I have a feeling it's currently set to 64MB but i'll try changing this and see what happens.

Mieze said:
Really strange! I downloaded the uploaded DSDT and checked it again but it compiles without error. I also compared the corresponding lines with those of my board's DSDT and there is no difference so that I can't reproduce the problem. There are two possible causes of error:
1) We are using different versions of DSDT Editor, mine is 0.7.
2) The file has been damaged somehow.

We are using a different version of DSDT Editor, I'm using 0.8. But will try re-downloading incase the file is somehow damaged.

fracture

fracture said:
We are using a different version of DSDT Editor, I'm using 0.8. But will try re-downloading incase the file is somehow damaged.
I just updated DSDT Editor to 0.8 and fixed the issue. See below for corrected version of the DSDT.

Mieze

Attachments

• GA-Z77-D3H-patched-3.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 518
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back