Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD4 | i7 2600K | GA-HD 6870 | Lion 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing some research I found out that the GA-Z68XP-UD5 motherboard has 2 IEEE 1394 Firewire ports running on a T.I. TSB43AB23 chip (Up to 3 IEEE 1394a ports (2 on the back panel, 1 via the IEEE 1394a bracket connected to the internal IEEE 1394a header).

The motherboard also has integrated HD 3000 graphics which is imperative to my system, as I don't need bad-ass GFX for music production :)

Maybe this would be a better bet, than to ship home a T.I. chipset controller card from whereever?

Bless

Trying to create my first hackintosh and upgrade to lion.

My system specs are Gigabyte z68xp-ud4 Rel 1.0, I downgraded the bios to F4 to match yours. Intel i7 2600K not overclocked and 16GB of Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Ram with a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1.0TB WD10EALX and DVD Blu-Ray drive.

I can install Snow Leopard via iboot using indicated bios settings and with all 16GB of ram installed and using the on board HDMI video and both HDD and DVD drives are using the SATA 2 ports with no issues. I ran the UpdateHelper for Sandy Bridge support which completed successfuly. I did not reboot and continued with downloading update to 10.6.8 Combo. Download completed successfully.

Upon trying to install 10.6.8 Combo it never completes, (says it has about 2 minutes left and moving ...)then it gives me the window that "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again" System is locked up with no way of closing any open windows.

I power down the PC and reboot. I use iboot CD to try to get access to my Snow Leopard but upon selecting my hackintosh i get to the apple logo but it just stays there trying to load or it reboots on its own.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i think thats ur mistake u need to run the udate helper tool then reboot then download the update combo and ull see the dif

Thanks Obvious Answer Man and kachhh.

Installed Carbon Copy and performed drive clone because I got tired of recreating the hackintosh from scratch.
Installed cloned drive.
Performed UpdateHelper for Sandy Bridge. Reboot
Performed update to 10.6.8 Combo.
Ran MultiBeast Snow Leopard Version
Selected Easy Beast Install plus System Utilities. Reboot
Install Lnx2Mac's Ethernet driver. Reboot

All seems ok so far but I went to try to do MultiBeast using a DSDT I get a grey screen and it locks up. Rebooting puts me in the same place grey screen no icons or apple logo.

I have z68xp-ud4 bios v4 and I intend to use the usb3 and audio but am not sure how to load these drivers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I will also be getting lion via usb by Friday.

i think u got that since u already had easybeast installed i dnot think u can use dsts and easybeast since are 2 dif drivers

Jlopez40,
See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast for the EasyBeast and UserDSDT default items loaded. You'll have to either pull out the conflicting kexts, re-reun MultiBeast and reboot or re-install.

If you're going to Lion, reinstall Snow Leopard and Lion using tonymacx86's Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide. It will be a whole lot easier than playing with kexts as described above.

Hi, could you help me?? when i try to start the iboot this error appends:
cdboot: BIOS disk read error at sector 00002DD2
What could it be???

I'm using:
z68xp ud3 (last bios update)
i5 2500k
Samsung DVD drive
4 Gb Hiperx

Could it be the samsung drive?? because It's seems that everybody uses sony or Lg

1024x768 HDMI Video issue solution not found.

Thank you very much Obvious Answer Man for your help.

I can now say that I have Mountain Lion installed on my Gigabyte z68xp-ud4 using the HD3000 Onboard video via the HDMI port. All seems to be working including the audio but the max and only resolution provided via the Mountain Lion operating system is 1024x768.
I created my hackintosh following the steps found on “The Always Up-to-Date Guide to Building a Hackintosh”

When creating my hackintosh I made sure of the following settings:

Bios: Advanced Bios Features – On-Chip Frame Buffer Size = 480MB+2MB FOR GTT

Within MultiBeast I selected the following options:

UserDSDT Install (with appropriate DSDT file located on the desktop)
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Audio – Realtek ALC8xx – Unified Device Injector – ALC8xxHDA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Audio – Realtek ALC8xx – AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – 3rdParty SATA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – 3rdParty eSATA
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Disk – TRIM Enabler
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Miscellaneous – USB 3.0 – NEC/Renesas and Etron
Drivers & Bootloaders – Kexts & Enablers – Network – Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
Customization – Boot Options – 64-bit Graphics Enabler=N0
Customization – Boot Options – SSDT – Core i5/i7 Overclocked
Customization – System Definitions – Mac mini

I did have some issues when creating my hackintosh. I ended up needing an additional boot flag to get to the installer. At the boot option screen I typed GraphicsEnabler=No.
I also created my hackintosh while keeping all 16GB of ram installed.

Are any of my MultiBeast settings wrong? Does anyone have the onboard video card displaying at 1920x1080? Does anyone know how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back