Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD4 | i7 2600K | GA-HD 6870 | Lion 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 | i7 2600K | GA-GTX-560-Ti | Lion 10.7.2

I'll try this sunday and i'll come back to give my feedback.
Really really thank you.

Audio seems to work now, thank you.
Firewire doesn't work at all :(, the rest seems to work correctly
Any ideas ?

pduhoux said:
Audio seems to work now, thank you.
Firewire doesn't work at all , the rest seems to work correctly
Any ideas ?

Glad to hear. You mentioned your Firewire controller was a VIA. Mine is too. I discovered I am having an issue with mine as well. I can plug it in after full boot and it shows up fine on the desktop. I cannot boot up with it plugged in. I get multi-language screen o' death. It may be this could be the solution. Is this the same problem your having?

Stork said:
Life is good!
Yes it is. Again, great info. Thank you.

The firewire is not discovered at all by the system. My main idea was to buy a firewire card with a texas instrument chip (like the one from Belkin for example).

I'm stopping for today as i'm busy since 10h this morning (It's 19H in brussels). We will continue on friday with a new firewire card.

I am going to be building a computer very similar to your build but I have a question about the MB. Can you use the HDMI for onboard graphics? I have looked all over online and this isn't quite clear. Most sites say that the board doesn't have internal graphics.

According to this Gigabyte web site page, all the Z68XP have Integrated Graphics:
http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/279/images/mb-z68-models.html

Note: the motherboard just supports the Intel i3/i5/i7 Sandy Bridge processors that are HD 3000 capable. Not all the Sandy Bridge processors support HD 3000. So, it's a combination of the motherboard and processor. The i3-2105/2125, i5-2500K and i7-2600K support HD 3000; there are probably more processors, but those are the most popular.

Hi guys. Newcomer here.

Tried to build a hackintosh 2 years ago but failed miserably as I got a really incompatible GFX card. Kinda put the whole thing to the side. But but, now I'm back in business haha. It seems like more and more gear are getting compatible with the tools (or the other way around I dunno), anywho, this setups looks amazing and I'm scrapping together the parts. I have one crucial question though!

Does the Firewire work on the motherboard? I'm building this rig for a music work station and my external soundcard (Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP) runs via Firewire. Hope you can help, as I think this would be my last concern before investing :) I'm going to be running it via the HD3000 graphics as well.

Look forward to hear from you, and much bless for all the work put into this forum!

Big up,
Rasmus from Denmark
http://www.rassta.dk

Yes. The FireWire does work on this MB. It is a VIA FireWire 400 speed controller. I only use the FireWire for external backup. My system recognizes it when plugged in while booting and no problems plugging it in when system is on. I've heard rumors that you can put a Texas Instruments FireWire 800 controller for greater speed, but I cannot confirm this. Try searching the forums. Hope this helps.

FW works before sleep. But remains dead after waking up from sleep. If you look into the console, you'd also find unknown GUID errors related to firewire.

Buying a Syba FW card with TI chipsets fixed both problems.

Using my Syba FW card with a MOTU 828mk2 firewire interface. Zero problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back