Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD4 | i7 2600K | GA-HD 6870 | Lion 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 | i7 2600K | GA-GTX-560-Ti | Lion 10.7.2

ohh thanks. hmmm. I cant seem to find the motherboard in the local shops. they have the same thing, but it's UD3 rather than UD4. is there any difference and will it cause any problems? :) thanks!

It looks like there is a DSDT file available for a lot of UD3 boards on the the DSDT Database page. So no problems there, I think you would be fine as far as installation goes. As far as the technical features of the board, whats the full part number of the board?

If you didn't figure it out, I had a typo in the socket numbers, I originally typed 1555 and they should be 1155. I edited the original post.

Or, as Stork pointed out ^^^, you can get the exact board. Thanks Stork!

This is awesome! I am working on my build post and this is an amazing example. Sweet build, very close to what I built, I'm working on getting all the onboard sound (currently working off of USB adapter) and details working properly. This is going to help me out big time! Keep up the great work. amazing contribution.

Ah, we make a beautiful pair, JA. :thumbup: We should take this on the road. :lol:

Stork said:
Ah, we make a beautiful pair, JA. :thumbup: We should take this on the road. :lol:

Haa haa! Let's roll.... :cool:

honeybadger said:
This is awesome! I am working on my build post and this is an amazing example. Sweet build, very close to what I built, I'm working on getting all the onboard sound (currently working off of USB adapter) and details working properly. This is going to help me out big time! Keep up the great work. amazing contribution.

So, honeybadger, how do you like your card? :confused:

Hey Johnny!

Again, great build and an even more amazing post. I am running on the GB-68XP-UD3P.F5 with an Intel i7 2600K. As of now I have them (I built 6) overclocked at 4.5GHz. I was wondering if you would be so kind to post images of your OC settings in BIOS to compare with mine. I will be posting my entire build hopefully by this weekend and I want my post to be perfect for this great community.

BTW, your Multibeast settings worked wonders for me! I love you!

Let me know, thanks!
HoneyBadger

Nice build! The 2600K is beast! Running mine around 4.2 all day...

Im facing some problems by using this motherboard, When i enable the AHCI function, I can't boot my computer on, just black screen after the full screen motherboard logo

With this card, i have problems with the Firewire and the Audio. The firewire doesn't work at all (maybe it's due to the Via controller) and concerning the audio it doesn't find the Driver... Do you have an idea ?

Thanks in advance

honeybadger said:
Hey Johnny!

Again, great build and an even more amazing post. I am running on the GB-68XP-UD3P.F5 with an Intel i7 2600K. As of now I have them (I built 6) overclocked at 4.5GHz. I was wondering if you would be so kind to post images of your OC settings in BIOS to compare with mine. I will be posting my entire build hopefully by this weekend and I want my post to be perfect for this great community.

BTW, your Multibeast settings worked wonders for me! I love you!

Let me know, thanks!
HoneyBadger

Hi HoneyBadger

Thanks for the kind words. Attached are the BIOS screenshot settings I changed to compare to yours. I have since changed them, however. (running 4.5 GHz now) Please be careful, and test, test, test. Did you post your builds? Are you really building 6?

OC_web.zip

yxb_25 said:
Im facing some problems by using this motherboard, When i enable the AHCI function, I can't boot my computer on, just black screen after the full screen motherboard logo

Hi yxb_25

Are you still having problems? If so, can you give me a little more information on where you are in the process? It sounds like your at the initial OS installation stage, in other words, you haven't installed your OS yet? Let me know.

pduhoux said:
With this card, i have problems with the Firewire and the Audio. The firewire doesn't work at all (maybe it's due to the Via controller) and concerning the audio it doesn't find the Driver... Do you have an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Hi pduhoux

I didn't have Audio working when I installed Lion 10.7.2. Refer to MultiBeast screenshot under my build description to see how these are checked.

1. Rerun MultiBeast Lion version
2. Only select:

- Check System Utilities
- Check ALC8xxxHDA
- Check AppleHDARollback

3. Reboot

See if this enables your Audio. I have front and rear ports working. I have only tested with Headphones. So no 5.1 etc. tested, but I don't see why it wouldn't be working.

For Firewire, can you check your BIOS? On gigabyte mobo check under Integrated Peripherals and look for H/W ... 1394 and make sure it's [Enabled]. Let me know what you find out.

Hi TGxANAHEiiMx :thumbup:

Attachments

• OC_web.zip
    609.9 KB · Views: 185

Every time you run a OS X update installation, do the following:
  • - Don't be the 1st one to update if the update just came out - let the Moderators and Admin's determine what's under the covers:

- Read what the update contains - Apple publishes a description, but you'll have to read between the lines - that's why you want the Mods and Admins go 1st;

- Before the update (and before installing new apps), run Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utilit or use this script: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=20447

- After running the update, do not reboot - run MultiBeast - I usually run the initial install MultiBeast Configuration after a Combo Update;

- Reboot (fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed for good luck);

- Run Repair Disk Permissions again.

Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back