Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

hey cliff.

Are you using an SSDT? I am.

I figured out a solution. I went back to stock speeds and used the Stock Core i5/i7 SSDT from Multibeast. After a reboot my range was 17-35. Pre-UEFI I was running at 4.2 using the Overclocked Core i5/i7 SSDT from Multibeast.

I just used freedos to flash my bios to the new UEFI. Booting into Win7 works great. However, when booting into Lion, I now get a kernel panic on the initial apple boot screen. Panic says "Should have 8 Threads, but only found 9 for Die 0"@SourceCache/etcetc

Any ideas? i did NOT delete my dsdt before this issue arose.

edit: i also looked at this thread and responded, seems to mirror me a bit.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/63636-uefi-ga-z68xp-ud4-problem.html

I just used freedos to flash my bios to the new UEFI. Booting into Win7 works great. However, when booting into Lion, I now get a kernel panic on the initial apple boot screen. Panic says "Should have 8 Threads, but only found 9 for Die 0"@SourceCache/etcetc

Any ideas? i did NOT delete my dsdt before this issue arose.

edit: i also looked at this thread and responded, seems to mirror me a bit.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/63636-uefi-ga-z68xp-ud4-problem.html

Have you tried booting with DSDT=/dev/null ?

I have not but I will try it.

however I did get I to the ML installation using unibeast and the ATI kext workaround. if I install ML how will that effect the DSDT? (which I assume is the issue)

Have you tried booting with DSDT=/dev/null ?

that worked. gonna remove the DSDT now. wondering how it wouldve effected the ML upgrade had it remained though...

Serious issue.

I installed ML. It worked, however when I rebooted I got an error saying "mach-0 has bad magic number". I used boot flag -F to bypass that, and it booted successfully, although the background hung at the Apple boot screen with the wheel and dialogues were popping up in front of that screen. Anyway, it eventually entered ML as normal. I followed instructions here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html) and used Kextbeast to resintall ATI6000Controller.kext. I then rebooted, and am unable to enter OSX. When I boot to my drive, my system restarts just as the white apple boot screen shows. I attempted to boot from my UniBeast USB drive but that also forces a restart when the white apple boot screen loads. I've tried using multiple boot flags without success. I have no idea what happened but I can no longer boot properly after using Kextbeast. Any ideas why? Why would even the USB drive have the same issue?

Thanks for all the information guys! I've just updated to the uefi bios and used the multibeast settings on the first page of the thread. The problem i have is that the keyboard doesnt work after the its been asleep. I have to unplug it and then plug back in to get it working again. Also my usb3 ports dont seem to work. Anyone have any ideas how to fix these problems?

i fixed some of my earlier issues. however now i noticed when using multibeast, and you choose UserDSDT or DSDT Free Installation, it still installs a DSDT which gives my booting process a KP. are we UEFI users supposed to delete DSDTs?

i fixed some of my earlier issues. however now i noticed when using multibeast, and you choose UserDSDT or DSDT Free Installation, it still installs a DSDT which gives my booting process a KP. are we UEFI users supposed to delete DSDTs?

Multibeast will only install a DSDT file if one exists on your desktop at the time you run Multibeast. If none exists, no DSDT will be created in /Extra

A DSDT file is not needed if you are running UEFI. If you have one installed and need to boot into your Hackintosh, use the startup option DSDT=/dev/null

Back