Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Here's a though :

The way I run this clover business is all on a USB thumb drive. It doesn't touch the OS SSD's at all.

Might be worth installing the UEFI clover on the properly formatted USB drive, then UEFI Booting the thumb drive.

Not much info to go on, but this all sounds like a clover mis-config in some way.

EDIT : Just googled a bit, indeed, you should try to run disk utility to fix/verify that disk.

If you've got the recovery parition fine, if not, grab the actual usb install for el cap, boot that, and you can run diskutility from the installer.

wasn't able to repair the drive so ended up doing a reinstall.

I've checked and triple checked everything and i'm back in the same situation as before... however I have made a discovery!

Device: Sandisk Extreme USB3 Thumb drive 32GB

Plugged in USB2 port: Recognised and mounted as External drive ( Yellow icon)
Plugged in USB3 port:Recognised and mounted as External drive ( Yellow icon)

Device: ICY BOX USB3 Caddy containing 1TB 2.5" Mechanical hdd
Plugged in USB2 Port:Recognised and mounted as External drive ( Yellow icon)
Plugged in USB3 Port:Recognised and mounted as External drive ( Yellow icon)

Device:Nexstar CX USB3 Caddy containing 240GB SSD
Plugged in USB2 Port:Mounts as internal drive
Plugged in USB3 Port:Shown in System Report but does not mount.

Device:PNY Usb3 caddy containing 120GB ssd
Plugged in USB2 Port:Mounts as internal drive
Plugged in USB3 Port:Shown in System Report but does not mount.

I seem to get a system hang/total freeze if i plug one of the ssds into USB3 port then into USB2.

All devices work fine on my Macbook Pro

Ok. Weirdness.

Been running Mavericks without issue for over year.
Nothing changed except I tried to put a 4K monitor the system.

After I gave up because my 2 Zotac Zone GT640's don't have Displayport, and the monitor can't take DL-DVI without some active adapter that costs more than monitor, I went back to my regular 1920 x 1200 dual monitor setup.

The BIOS had some kind of FREAK OUT!!!! And reloaded an Non-UEFI version.

So I made a flash drive and flashed the BIOS BACK to UEFI, Z8XPUD3P.U1G.

Seemed to work.

But now my Unibeast won't boot!!!!

It just goes into an endless loop of restarting no matter what setting I use.

New Mavericks DL, new Unibeast on a tested USB drive in a USB 2 port on the back.

Same thing when I try to boot from my regular Mac Drive.

I've tried loading default setting. I think I've set everything in the BIOS properly.
Windows 7 worked.

Any ideas?

Hi guys, I just got a computer from a friend and i'm trying to do a hackintosh of it. I have just no idea on how to correctly install osx el capitan into it. Tried to follow this guide but it seems to be kinda difficult (or at least it isn't working fine). My mobo is GA-Z68XP-UD3P, processor is i7-2600 (not the K version like this guide) and graphics card is Radeon HD 6870.
On this new guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html i just selected el capitan (the latest release in the mac store) , then selected the radeon cards and also the legacy mode. Using this to install osx but.. it fails, i select boot mac osx from usb and it tries to boot but does not enter the install mode. What am i missing? What should i do?

Thanks a lot

@ aziraphel

Not an amd gfx user, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue. (On my 970 have to boot the installer with nv_disable=1 in clover.

@Ratteler

After the bios freakout, did you re-do all the bios settings? Might be, for example, that the drive isn't in ahci mode.

Also, guys, make sure that if you want to go full UEFI, that you check everything is installed for UEFI, that even means the clover install to the usb stick and clover drivers are UEFI aziraphel :wave:

check out these two posts

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/21075-ga-z68xp-ud3p-owners-117.html#post1108711
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/21075-ga-z68xp-ud3p-owners-110.html#post983924

Setup i5 2500K, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P / ATI 6850

I switched from Chimera to clover the last week and got everything up and running, except for some random KPs which i wanted to eliminate by making a clean install of ElCap.

Now I’m facing a weird problem:

I get to the installer, format my SSD via Disk Utility, start the install (always about 13min remaining, takes longer at »…*seconds remaining«) and then it reboots (as it should, after the install).

The problem is, that for some reason, there isn’t a drive to select when I reboot. So I only have the option to boot into the osx installer again. When i check the SSD in the diskutility, there’s only about 300MB used.

So there are roughly two options

a) the install is good but clover somehow isn’t able to detect the drive

b) the install isn’t complete / there isn’t a bootloader

BIOS settings should be OK (AHCI, …) and the SSD drive also shows in BIOS and when i press F12 to select boot options.

I tried several Methods (Vanilla, Unibeast to create the USB; Clover w/ and w/o Configuration) to set up the USB, but always end up at an clover screen without bootable drives.

I really don’t know what the hell is wrong? Could it be hardware related? Please Help!

I've been running snow leopard for quite some time with this board but going to upgrade to el capitan or sierra. Are the settings on the first page still relevant or will I need to use some other configuration?

I've been running snow leopard for quite some time with this board but going to upgrade to el capitan or sierra. Are the settings on the first page still relevant or will I need to use some other configuration?

Just attempting to get this going in Sierra again.

Bios is u1G, usb 3 disabled in bios, integrated gfx disabled, VT-D disabled in bios, I'm using pci-ex 560ti .

Made a unibeast installer with EFI mode, all on defaults, no other options selected.

EDIT:

Now booted and installed.
Graphics is working albeit at reduced resolution.
Network works, usb working.
Now attempting to get the rest going.

==Update 1===
Post install , Ran multibeast, Chose ALC889, Realtek RTL8111 v2.2.1, iMac 14,2 ,Sandybridge i7 (SPECIFIC TO YOUR CPU) and installed Nvidia Web driver.
Rebooted, then enabled web driver via icon in status bar. Reboot
==
current status, network works, Nvidia running full speed at full resolution, audio works.
==

Update 2

I'm getting a warning that a disk was inserted that needs initialising.Guessing it might be the hidden windows partition.

I enabled trim for my SSD via terminal " sudo trimforce enable"

===
Enabled USB3 in bios but it still isn't being detected at all.
This suggests it won't work at all https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-with-etron-ej168-usb-3-0-in-sierra.205241/

+Sleep and wake is working well so far.

I'll update this post with progress.

Last edited:
Hi Crunchie,

I have the same board with you and on UEFI Bios U1G too. I get intermittent error with OSXaptiofixdrv2 sometimes it boot sometimes it doesnt, but via usb it boots well , could you share your drivers64UEFI folder please.

everything works well to me with Sierra 10.12.1 ,and (firm. U1G), excepts the USB3 ports
any working solution to unable USB3.0 ?

Back