Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Hello discreetlogic,

I have the z68xp-ud3p like you but different video card (ati hd 6870). And since i update from el capitan GM to final release, i am not able to boot on El Capitan...

I would like to know if you manage to update without any problem ?

If so, would you mind to update the z68xp owners page... I hope i did not ennoyed you to much ! And sorry for my english ;-)

Have a good day
Thanks for all the stuff you share !!!

I would like to know if you manage to update without any problem ?

Actually had to hose a lot of stuff, but it;s mainly because of my setup on an two ssd raid0 array with a 970. (nv_disable=1 at first.)

I think it would have been smoother if I would have been on a single drive, it would have given me a lot less trouble, because I could have updated from the .app.

I installed to a separate usb drive, then made an image, destroyed/the recreated the ssd raid with a command line, because disk utility doesn't have the cool gui to make raid anymore (so much for progress.... :banghead:)

So it's a scratch reinstall for me.

had a clover issue detailed here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/169534-cloveralc-audio-id-issues.html with the audio. Ran the script again... audio works. sleep too. all at 4.2ghz.

Have to sleep, it's one of those "omg I just hosed my hackinstosh days".

That being said, kinda like el cap, not that it's so different. The dual window snap they have is kinda interesting.

Have no idea for your problem, try booting again, maybe you have to let the recovery partition do the install like on a real mac. Have no idea for amd cards.... try verbose booting to see where it stops.

I've been out of the game for a while but just decided to try and install El Capitan on a spare ssd.

I previously had a fully working Mavericks install using chameleon.

I made a unibeast installer with clover and it boots but then panics just after a 'stepper' message.
-X -v does the same.

Then I followed the steps in the OP and it won't boot past an osxaptiofix memory out of allocated area error.

I'm using the same EFI bios as the OP and have an i7 2700k cpu with a 560ti nvidia graphics card.

Any ideas guys, I'm obviously out of practice at this!

OK i'm back in the game again!

Installed 10.11.1 fresh and I have network and sound and nvidia working.

I haven't tried sleep yet.

Issues:

I have to keep manually telling clover I am on OS 10.11.1 . Where do I edit this permanently? It keeps reverting to 10.10

USB Drives

Only issue bothering me at the moment is that my USB drives are not showing up as internal drives when plugged into a USB2 port.
It has the option to eject but it looks like an internal drive?!

When plugged into the FRONT USB3 port, it looks like an external drive.

When drives are plugged into the REAR USB3 ports, they don't mount and if plugged in during boot, the system fails to boot up.

Sleep

When i choose sleep, it does power down. Click the mouse and screen comes on and usb hasn't been safely ejected.

I have to keep manually telling clover I am on OS 10.11.1 . Where do I edit this permanently? It keeps reverting to 10.10

copy kexts into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ?

This is what I have in there :

First block is the truly needed:

FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
realtekALC.kext

The rest is tweaks for nvidia an its power management

IntelCPUMonitor.kext
HWInfo.kext
GeforceSensor.kext
HDMIAudio.kext
NVDAGF100AGPM.kext

Clover drivers I have loaded are :

ls /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
NTFS.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

For usb 2 things :

Make sure you have the kernel and kext path called :

IOAHCIBlockStorage
find : 4150504C452053534400
replace
type string

If you are overclocking and get usb ejects, I had that, disabled something called pll overvoltage something in the bios.

You can then dial up the clocks 2600k@4200 with no voltage tweaks.

copy kexts into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ?

This is what I have in there :

First block is the truly needed:

FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
realtekALC.kext

The rest is tweaks for nvidia an its power management

IntelCPUMonitor.kext
HWInfo.kext
GeforceSensor.kext
HDMIAudio.kext
NVDAGF100AGPM.kext

Clover drivers I have loaded are :

ls /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
NTFS.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

For usb 2 things :

Make sure you have the kernel and kext path called :

IOAHCIBlockStorage
find : 4150504C452053534400
replace
type string

If you are overclocking and get usb ejects, I had that, disabled something called pll overvoltage something in the bios.

You can then dial up the clocks 2600k@4200 with no voltage tweaks.

hi, Thanks but I still have issues with rear USB3 ports.

If I try and boot with the hdd plugged into rear USB3, it just boots to a black screen.
If I boot up, then plug in my usb3 hdd ( Mac formatted) then in System Report, it shows the same of the device plugged in, but doesn't mount it. ( Not shown in /Volumes )
If i plug my mouse into the rear USB3, it doesn't work.

I think some of your clover drivers are only relevant for Mavericks too?

In kexts/10.11 I have

FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
realtekALC.kext

In drivers64UEFI i have

CsmVideoDXE-64.efi
FSinject-64.efi
OSXAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

I just added the IOAHCIStorage patch

Are you full UEFI? bios settings good?

I just double checked. My Bios boot order had 'Mac OS' Selected. It looks like it got set to that after in installed Clover.

When I changed it to "UEFI- MY SSD WITH MAC ON IT" Clover shows again but try and boot it almost immediately crashes with an invalid node error or something, then it powers off the PC, which i've never seen it do before!

Tried booting with kextcache off, same error.

Maybe my SSD is FUBAR. Have just booted into Mac OS recovery, will see what happens

Here's a though :

The way I run this clover business is all on a USB thumb drive. It doesn't touch the OS SSD's at all.

Might be worth installing the UEFI clover on the properly formatted USB drive, then UEFI Booting the thumb drive.

Not much info to go on, but this all sounds like a clover mis-config in some way.

EDIT : Just googled a bit, indeed, you should try to run disk utility to fix/verify that disk.

If you've got the recovery parition fine, if not, grab the actual usb install for el cap, boot that, and you can run diskutility from the installer.

Back