XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI U1g - Radeon 6870 - NO DSDT

Did a fresh install tonight of mountain lion. It was working alright before with BIOS10 and DSDT but I wanted to update the bios and just start fresh.
My install went as follows:

Download Mtn Lion, install Unibeast on thumb drive.
Upgraded BIOS to UEFI U1g, set up using Tonymacx86 guide
Put Unibeast USB in my Windows laptop and copied over ATI6000Controller.kext then uploaded to my dropbox
Removed ATI6000Controller.kext from installation USB
Disconnected Video card power and plugged my monitor into the onboard HDMI

Booted up Unibeast USB and booted into installation with flags: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No
Formatted my hard drive, installed OSX using usual Unibeast guide
Booted into OSX from Unibeast USB, same flags as before: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

Restored my users, applications and network settings from time machine backup
Pulled ATI6000Controller.kext from my dropbox and reinstalled it using KextBeast
Ran Multibeast with the following options
> UserDSDT/DSDT Free Installation
> Audio - ALC889 - without DSDT
> Network - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81.xx Ethernet
> Misc - USB 3.0 3rd Party

Before restarting ran fix permissions from Disk Utility
Shut down computer and reconnected power to Video card and plugged both monitors back in
Booted into OSX....everything works perfectly :)

Full Specs:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI U1g
XFX Radeon HD-6870 - Dual monitors 1HDMI, 1DVI
Core i5-2400 sandybridge
16GB G.SKILL Sniper RAM
Applewifi Card w/PCI Adapter
60GB SSD internal drive, x2 500GB internal HDs, x1 1TB usb3.0 external drive
Dual booting windows 7

Everything works including sound, network, usb 3.0 and sleep
Only small issue I'm having is my external hard drive being disconnected at wake up after sleep, but I've had that problem since day 1 with lion also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 10.46.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 10.46.02 PM.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,763
Same config here, with same kexts :thumbup: Work well !

Nice to see that usb3 is fine. Will give a try.

How is your graphic card?

works just fine. I noticed small lagging on my original upgrade from Lion to ML. Since this fresh install no issues though

Update though, audio just randomly stopped working. Gonna reinstall the kext and see if it helps

never mind, i'm retarded...... speakers got unplugged when i was vacuuming earlier :)

Notice some issues with usb3 (Lexar usb3 16Go).

Sometime the hackintosh freeze. Need to reboot.

What are your settings in bios about USB3 ?

I have the same hardware, and I had things working with the old BIOS. Installed UEFI and reinstalled Mountain Lion and I can't boot without using GraphicsEnabler=No.

Any special BIOS settings that you changed for graphics?

I really don't think I did anything to the graphics settings, I will double check and let you guys know though.
I believe the only thing I ever messed with in the graphics where the onboard, and i think i ended up just leaving it on auto

and USB3 settings are also on default. Whenever I get some time I'll go into the settings and actually see what i have though

Nice build guide Thanks for posting. As you can see we almost have the same build. I do have one odd thing happen twice maybe three times so far. I have had ML installed i think 3 days but have had to restart many time just for testing and other software installs. When i first start computer the fans spin up then off and it shuts down a few seconds latter will reboot on its own and the UEFI bois screen will kinda show up (the top line of text and background) then shut down again for it to restart a few seconds latter like nothing was wrong. it has only done this after i did the UEFI update.
As for ML it is fine sleep sound network everything works good. USB hard drives and flash drives will disconnect with sleep but sleep. I play Diablo 3 with settings maxed out and it is smooth.

Thanks
Jeff

@ davidukfl : did ​you use some DSDT.aml while using UserDSDT/DSDT Free Installation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back