Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.3 UEFI - HD6870 - [SUCCESSFUL INSTALL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I installed SllepEnabler.kext into my system....sleep/wake works...I didn't check BIOS...will do now...

Hi there... I have the same MB & Video card and went through about what did. Now the only thing not working as I want is the 6870 running dual monitors. Both monitors work but only as mirrors which is useless. It shows only one monitor too. Any suggestions on getting this to work?

Thanks!

Hi there, I have followed this guide using the very latest Unibeast. everything seems OK except my onboard graphics are very 'glitchy and bios keeps resetting itself on bootup.

Could anyone possible please have any ideas to help me?

This is my first Hackintosh experience so I'm very new to this

Thanks.

Damien

Hi there, I have followed this guide using the very latest Unibeast. everything seems OK except my onboard graphics are very 'glitchy and bios keeps resetting itself on bootup.

Could anyone possible please have any ideas to help me?

This is my first Hackintosh experience so I'm very new to this

Thanks.

Damien

Get the system to work with onboard graphics first. Pull out the card before you install everything.
I kind of forgot all the steps...but I know it's posted in this thread all the steps of the process...
Bios reseting means you have to change some video card settings possibly...

I know this is an old thread but how did you update the bios from F10 to the UEFI I've tried twice and can't get it I have the same v1.3 as well.

what multi beast setting did you use with the old bios or how can I flash the bios to UEFI

I know this is an old thread but how did you update the bios from F10 to the UEFI I've tried twice and can't get it I have the same v1.3 as well.

what multi beast setting did you use with the old bios or how can I flash the bios to UEFI

Two days and got it done. I'll tell you how to do it, but just be aware you'll have some modding afterwards which I can't help out with [yet at least, still working some kinks out and learning]

**You can't use Q flash, @BIOS or whatever. for this specific board; not sure why maybe because the UEFI is still beta? Anyway, you have to create a DOS bootable drive [USB, although a CD should work too.]**

1. Find a windows machine [VM or other]
2. Download/extract these Win98 files -->http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=196
3. Download/extract/install utility --> http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197/. This utility will create a specific DOS type bootable flash drive, and you should specify to use the Win98 files you just downloaded. [Link below should have pics]
4. Good to go; reboot and hit F12, select USB drive. Don't touch anything; it will help itself to updating your comp :)
5. LET IT RUN. It'll take... dunno couple minutes? After it'll tell you power down and unplug, then start back up. I hit my chassis power button, unplugged, rebooted.
6. Bam. Pretty UEFI.

Now as for all backing up, reverting, post-install, customizing.... good luck I can't help out there. I tend to DO first then bandage after, and led to me wiping a million times and still doing things here and there, but darnit I got my UEFI.

Ref:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIPY8NjdN8&spfreload=10 ***Watch a guy do it***
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html ***Pics here of making the USB drive***

Last edited:
***Preface: Booting a Yosemite install on a single SSD; have a separate srive completely I'll be attempting to boot Windows from soon**

So, some other general things about my install, in case anyone with the exact same setup as the me (and I think the OP?) has.,.

1. Updated to UEFI; see above. In retrospect, best to remove card readers (can include printers!); this can cause some Ebios boot read error 0x31 thingy to display that's annoying during restarts (solved by leaving legacy booting to 'auto' and forcing those readers to be 'floppy disks' in UEFI
2. I have graphics enabler set to yes, with duckweed, 4 ports, and atirom settings checked in my symbols (chameleon was my boot loader). Yes, with the whole DVI monitor issue with the Radeon 6850/6870 cards, one monitor or mirroring seemed to be the only problem but I had acceleration. Through trial and error, I found if I plugged a DVI AND HDMI cable in for the same monitor, plus the dvi for my other, I got two monitors working after finicking around with my monitor button input selects. Never needed to boot or enable onboard graphics manually to get it done; although it does seem odd to have three outs from the comp for two displays.
3. Not sure how technically USB 3.0 should be installed, but I had to install the Multibeast 3.0 kext, restart then delete and replace the entire ISUSBFamily.kext from this post --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...stall-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3-4.html#post892596 to get em enables, recognized, and working.
4. Had to do some fiddling to get the SSD to boot without the unibeast USB loader; turns out some config for the kernel path is already good to go on the latest chameleon release and I had forced it to something... Else? Installed chimera and it worked, now I'm using chameleon again to modify things here and there. Again; no idea what the proper way is, and if I invested into looking into clover that may have saved me time and kept my iMessage active... Did story though.
5. Random: My perm repair always involved some varpolicyd things being set wrong, like 0 instead of 244 or the other way around...? Disabled guest login in user profile settings and seemed to take care of it.
6. No DSDT's or SSDT's in my extra folder. Maybe it would help, or hurt, but apart from investigating some turbo over clocking issues that I think is related to an SSDT, I don't need them atm. Installing the Multibeast SSDT only did bad things to my system so I'm wary of it.

To wrap up, amidst my late night tweak/repair/reset caches/restarts, I've learned:
1. Read a bit more before changing a setting,
2. Never, EVER, get an ATI / AMD card again if For a Mac OS On a hacked machine, and
3. Only ever change one thing at a time even if you think you aren't a newbie anymore :p Ugh I need to keep that in mind for life in general as well... Lol

Can you explain what that means

He means go to 'Applications', 'Utilities', then 'Disk Utility' and select your boot disk, and click 'Repair Permissions'. Drag/dropping kexts doesn't completely solidify the extension's installation until you do so.

I use 'Kext Wizard' by the same people/guy that made the utility 'Chameleon', and in my eyes has been the easiest and best way to install and repair/reset the permissions and caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back