Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3 Onboard HDMI Video 16GB Mem. No go on lion inst

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your connections ?? You can only use two ports at a time... Such as DVI and HDMI. I believe the issue is you have a monitor(s) that have inputs for VGA, HDMI, DVI and you have two or three all plugged in, and Lion decides after startup that it is going to send the signal to your HDMI port, but your on the DVI setting for your monitor. Try changing the monitor port settings to see if one has the desktop. Second cause would be a output that is too great for your monitor. Such as your monitor maxs at 1400X900, but Lion sets it to 1920X1080. Too rich for your Monitor to show, so all you'll see is the last good setting that output correctly. I think the top part is your issue. Good Luck !!

d503308 said:
What are your connections ?? You can only use two ports at a time... Such as DVI and HDMI. I believe the issue is you have a monitor(s) that have inputs for VGA, HDMI, DVI and you have two or three all plugged in, and Lion decides after startup that it is going to send the signal to your HDMI port, but your on the DVI setting for your monitor. Try changing the monitor port settings to see if one has the desktop. Second cause would be a output that is too great for your monitor. Such as your monitor maxs at 1400X900, but Lion sets it to 1920X1080. Too rich for your Monitor to show, so all you'll see is the last good setting that output correctly. I think the top part is your issue. Good Luck !!

Only using HDMI, No dvi connection on the mpotherboard. No other cables attached to monitor.

Try plugging in your dvi cable and see if you are getting a picture that way. Also I have found that NOT using multi beast (Easybeast) and just booting from r-boot discs, work best in giving you a full resolution and DVI and HDMI working. I am willing to bet that your desktop is being output to DVI. Plug in your DVI cable, if you get a picture, go into system prefs and into displays and set both outputs to same Resolution. Also set it to mirror. Restart, and as it is restarting, unplug your DVI cable and you should be HDMI after that.

Earlier posts said you had a video card, plug it in and use to set your hdmi out with the onboard. your hdmi in displays will be display x with stuff under it like 1080p, 1080i, 1600X900 act. you need to pick 1080p for correct refresh rates. Now make in displays your hdmi output your primary monitor. restart. If successful in reboot make sure hdmi out monitor is primary. Restart, and unplug your DVI cable from video card. if that works good, then shutdown and pull the video card. Your Bios will reset once or twice, and you will probably get a kernel panic or two. This is good. After your two or three KP, you should boot right in. Please follow above suggestion on r-boot.

jester969 said:
Try GraphicsEnabler=NO @ boot.

I did that on mine andit worked like a charm + when you run multibeast make sure you check the Graphicsenabler=no there too.

jeepus said:
jester969 said:
Try GraphicsEnabler=NO @ boot.

I did that on mine andit worked like a charm + when you run multibeast make sure you check the Graphicsenabler=no there too.

I did that when running multibeast, but now I have an even stranger problem. When I go to boot from the HDD The system sends a shutdown command to the HDD and you can hear it shut off and no Lion just a spinning wheel of frustration.

Sounds like you made too many changes. i would wipe the drive and start over. I would first boot into bios on your board and set it to load optimized defaults. From there please follow Tony Mac guide on bios settings. Biggest thing to check is to make sure all drives and controllers are set to AHCI. Use stock and non over clocked settings for CPU and RAM. Use unibeast method to load your Lion. Once you successfully boot into lion, load your update (10.7.4 or 10.7.3). Reboot. Run easy beast. Reboot. (don't run permissions). Go down Multibeast item by item and load. when one item is successfully loaded, reboot and go to next. Don't ever load everything at once !!! (KP's Galore) other biggest tip I can give is you MUST reboot after each succesful loading (such as Lan port working).

Thanks for replying, i've got the system up and running and have been on it for about a week now. No problems. I cannot however for the life of me get 10.7.4 to run. 10.7.3 is fine for now, but would love to not have to keep seeing it there, trying to lure me into upgrading (itch itch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back