Contribute
Register

GA-z68xp-ud3 Build With 10.7.2 "SUCCESS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built this exact machine, but substituted a Saphire HD 6870 instead of the Gigabyte HD 6870....

I got everything working, including an issue with hdmi port not working..

Everything except audio thru hdmi..

Can someone please help me or direct me to the right place?

I thought a 6870 was a 6870, but I guess not..

i bought all the pieces for this build as I figured there would be a lot of support for it.

Thanks again for any help regarding this matter...

chipg07, Check out Gordo74's Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306 Although he has a XFX 6870, you'll get closer to success.

And, no...a 6870 across mfgrs are not the same. Apple supports only Reference Graphic Card Designs. Look at AMD/ATI's designs on their web site. Look for the exact same spec and connector configuration on other mfgrs' cards. And, the difference in price between Gigabyte and XFX and Sapphire is...well, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the response, but i didn't see anywhere on that page, where it talked about him getting audio over hdmi working?

There's a whole sub forum on HDMI Audio in the Audio forum section.

Hello.

I build today on GA-z68xp-ud3 (bios F8) my on hackintosh. Everything what I need works ok (exept appstore), but my HDD drive is orange. Have You get the same issue? Is this normal?

Here Is my Multibeast config.
ScreenShotMultiBeast.png

See page 5 of the MultiBeast Features document for curing the orange icon. You want the 3rd Party SATA kext loaded.

Hi there.

I have almost same configuration than you but AMD Radeon HD6870 graphic card.

I can't get the OSX install screen following Unibeast method.

I tried both flags you wrote down on boot screen, but nothing. I start seeing Apple logo but after a few seconds a symbol appears over Apple logo (a forbidden symbol) so I can't install OSX.

Any ideas???

Best regards.

- Case : Corsair Carbide 400R, 205 mm, 520 mm, 503 mm, Negro, ATX, Plástico, Acero
- MB : Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 32 GB, dual, 1066, 1200, 1300, 1333, 1600, 1800, 1866, 2133 MHz, DDR3, 1.5 V, Intel (rev. 1.0)
- CPU : Intel Core i7 BX80623I72600K - Procesador ( 3,4 GHz, caché de 8MB, zócalo LGA1155)
- RAM : G.Skill - Memoria RAM 16 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 (1600 MHz, 240-pin)
- Graphic Card : Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD - Tarjeta de Video
- SSD : Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 2.5'' / SATA III / 510-550 MB/s, Art. nº.: B300595

Hi again...

Did you plug your Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 2.5'' / SATA III to a SATA2 or SATA3 connector on your motherboard?

Still trying to get to install screen...

Thanks in advance.

I have almost the exact same build.
I installed SSD on Sata 3 connectors.

Don't forget to change IDE in BIOS to AHCI.

For me install went rather smooth. I only had to fix small issues (used RealTek official network driver in MultiBeast instead of Lnx2Mac which gave me all the time static IP).

Ive got the exact same system as you

and been trying to enable hdmi audio.

Ive been trying to follow the hdmi dsdt edit guide found in the hdmi audio forum Here

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

And so far no luck. Have you had any? Or know anyone that has a working edited dsdt file?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back