Register

GA-Z68X-UD7 USB3 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, i am using this motherboard which has not UEFI BIOS. I do know that is a little frustrating to begin with.
In general i do not have many problems, but the only thing really bothering me is the USB 3.0 front panel headers. I cannot make them work properly. From the Gigabyte website i have found that the controllers it is using are the followings:
2 x Renesas D720200 chips and 2 x VLI VL810 hubs
I am guessing that the Renesas ones are in the back panel and the VLI ones are the front ones.
I have tried both with the multibeast for yosemite and the el capitan version because it is more compatible with clover.

My Hackintosh:
Ga-z68x-ud7 with f10 bios
i7 2600K
Nvidia Quadro 2000
20GB Ram
SSD
if any of you needs any more data please let me know.

I really appreciate any help. I am using this pc for my work and i would be glad to make it work.

Unfortunately, there have been no drivers/kexts for the Renesas USB hubs since Mountain Lion. I have them on my signature build and have not ben able to get them to work either and it is not for lack of trying.
Do not know about the VLI hubs - may have to google search for those.

Have you looked at this:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/
it says it can be done.
sorry for posting from other site do not know if i am allowed.
When I wrote there were no drivers for the Hub I meant no specific drivers. There is always the possibility of patching individual Mac OS kext files to drive the device if you know what you are doing and have the appropriate knowledge of coding to do it, but I prefer not to do it as the kext will be over-written by the Apple one at every update to the OS. You will then have to do it for every update.
Unfortunately for me, I do not have this expertise. What I have been looking for is a "patch on the fly" to add to Clover config.plist - so far, to no avail.

When I wrote there were no drivers for the Hub I meant no specific drivers. There is always the possibility of patching individual Mac OS kext files to drive the device if you know what you are doing and have the appropriate knowledge of coding to do it, but I prefer not to do it as the kext will be over-written by the Apple one at every update to the OS. You will then have to do it for every update.
Unfortunately for me, I do not have this expertise. What I have been looking for is a "patch on the fly" to add to Clover config.plist - so far, to no avail.
Thank's my friend for the information. I got to work the VLI hubs with the GenericUSBXHCI but the Renesas ones only at USB2 speeds. Do you know if i buy a couple of these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7UXJJI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
i can get them to work with my system?

Thank's my friend for the information. I got to work the VLI hubs with the GenericUSBXHCI but the Renesas ones only at USB2 speeds. Do you know if i buy a couple of these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7UXJJI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
i can get them to work with my system?
While this card is in the Buyer's Guide/Accessories listing, the Amazon site clearly states you need latest chips like X99 or Z170 to get the high transfer rates. Whether it will work with your old P35 or your Z68 is a question I cannot answer.
Buy it, try it, return it if it does not work is all I can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back