Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 how to activate onboard hd 3000 graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Vega 64, GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I have a GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard and have noticed the Gigabyte is updating the BIOS's to UEFI for the other Z68 series.
I know this board does not have video outputs, but, is there a way to activate the onboard intel HD3000 graphics chip for my i7 2600K? The reason why I ask is I would like to take advantage of the Airplay video feature as well as the Virtu video engine for fast video encoding. Or, is there a way to enable the airplay video with a GTX 670 graphics card.

Thanks

Virtu is a Windows-only feature.

GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 how to activate onboard hd 3000 graphics or Airplay Mirroring with GTX 670?

Thank you for the info. It's what I suspected. Thought I would ask the community, you just never know!

So, what about using the GTX 670 video card to enable Airport Mirroring. Would this be at all possible? If that all fails then I guess it is another motherboard like the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. Such a shame though, I bought this board only a year ago and it wasn't cheap. I was very naive when I bought it as I didn't think I would use or need any of the onboard graphics with the i7 processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back