Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Note that I did not do a clean install, I literally upgraded or installed over my previous version.
I used uni-beast install which installed Mavericks with no issues, took a few minutes longer than a clean install I imagine (maybe 15-20 mins on a ssd)

Once you reboot after install you again boot with uni-beast usb and select your mavericks installation (the actual OS)
You must use -x -v (else it failed for me)
You should be able to get to the desktop at this point
Fire up Multibeast - note that I did not uncheck anything that was checked leave the defaults unless you are sure to unckeck them
Select QuickStart option at the top
UserDSDT and point to your aml file (mine is f10 on the desktop)

Select drivers
Audio: With DSDT ALC889
Disk:first option 3rd Party SATA was selected by default
Graphics: nothing selected here (using ati radeon 6850)
Misc: FakeSMC v5.3.820 worked for me
Network: Realtek - Lnx2Mac of course if you use ethernet (I use wireless)
Rosewill IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express Upto 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band Adapter (RNWD-N9003PCe)

Bootloaders I used Chimera v2.2.1

Customize: Boot Options (I left this alone)
SSDT - I selected Sandy Bridge i7 as I am using sandy bridge i7
System Definitions: Mac Pro 3,1
Themes: using remixed

Was actually surprised I was able to boot no issues and everything is here from mountain lion. Don't have to reinstall anything so I thought that was great.

Thank you everyone who puts in the effort to make this possible.

Are you able to get the computer back out of sleep?

Mine can't seem to initialize the video card/monitor after sleep.

No Sleep doesn't seem to work, I had to turn it off.
It comes back up but keyboard is unresponsive. Mouse works and I can click on login, just can't type password.

I have the same board with f9 bios ... I tried -x -v and just get stuck on the screenshot below after when trying to boot for the 1st time to configure Multibeast. Is there anybody who can help me?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 209
Hey Static,

What were the verbose errors you were getting before you used the -x -v commands. Was it certain kext errors or just hanging or what?

i got sleep to work with no effort.... ON YOSEMITE

which surprised the heck out of me, since it has never worked before this....was running SL and Lion before....so it is a big jump/

gfx is 780 classified

EDIT
when the computer woke, I lost audio and had to restart, so it's pretty close, but not completely working....

i got sleep to work with no effort.... ON YOSEMITE

which surprised the heck out of me, since it has never worked before this....was running SL and Lion before....so it is a big jump/

gfx is 780 classified

EDIT
when the computer woke, I lost audio and had to restart, so it's pretty close, but not completely working....

How did you install Yosemite on GA-Z68X-UD5-B3? DSDT-file? Which settings in multibeast? Also, what system definition did you use? If we use Mac Pro 3,1, things like airdropm hands-off etc. will not work?

I tried today but there is an icloud-error at the first boot. And after running Multibeast the network stops working.

to reply to both of you at once, no, I considered trying clover, but then did not download it.

I am having problems still, but do you think we should move this over to the proper forum? yosemite desktop support?
i did use a DSDT , but it is old, and has stuff that does not make sense, like the hdalnabler - yes flag, I think we need updated dsdt.
i am on firmware F10, and have not checked if there is a newer version...
just did, no, there is not a newer firmware....

I have it working now, but only on -x -f -v
need to repair something...not sure what...

clean install, and this is my multibeast screen shot

I am trying this <key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

next

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 3.42.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 3.42.13 PM.png
    105 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back