Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am building a top-end CustoMac as outlined here:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

With the exception of my power supply, all of the components were purchased directly from the Amazon.com or NewEgg.com from the links provided in the post (all listed below). So, everything should be working fine.

I've followed the iBoot +Multi-Beast method to the letter. This will be my third Hackintosh using this method. And, I've attempted to reinstall three times ... all with the same issue.

The base install proceeds without problems. However, when I download and install the 10.6.8 Combined Update, the install hangs at 80% and I get an OSX error box telling me to restart the machine.

When I restart using iBoot, I see the drive and boot to it. It comes and attempts to load. The hard drive chatters as if it is working but it never completes. I've left as long as an hour with no change.

When I boot into iBoot, I get a kernel panic related to ACPI and then I get the same OSX error box telling me to reboot.

I've checked and rechecked the BIOS settings and all seems solid.

What am I missing.

A final question ... when I go to download the DSDT for Multi-Beast, how do I determine if my MOBO is F6 or F7?

Thanks,

KM Hacker

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
CPU Cooler: Scythe SCSK-1100
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 (GV-R687OC-1GD)
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 - Amazon / Newegg
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-650HX 650w HX Series 80 Plus Bronze Certified
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB 10KRPM (WD1500HLFS)
Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard

tonymacx86 said:
Check out this method- do a fresh install and use this method to update to 10.6.8. ;)
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Tony - Thanks! So, as a clarification, do I go ahead and run Multi-Beast first, then run UpdateHelper then do the 10.6.8 update? That is what it looks like. I just want to be sure. The old method has Multi-Beast AFTER 10.6.8.

kmhacker said:
A final question ... when I go to download the DSDT for Multi-Beast, how do I determine if my MOBO is F6 or F7?
Disregard this question. I had a brain fart. Have updated BIOS to F7.

tonymacx86 said:
Check out this method- do a fresh install and use this method to update to 10.6.8. ;)
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

I tried this method using the following steps ...

• iBoot Install from SL DVD[/*:m:3am838nf]
  • Update Helper[/*:m:3am838nf]
  • Reboot[/*:m:3am838nf]

Note, I did not do Multi-Beast in that process. When I rebooted, I immediately got the OSX Reboot screen. OSX would not even come up after install.

So, I tried a fresh install again, planning to use the following order ...

• iBoot Install from SL DVD[/*:m:3am838nf]
  • Multi-Beast[/*:m:3am838nf]
  • Update Helper[/*:m:3am838nf]

However, I don't even get OSX to come up again. I get the grey OSX Reboot screen.

I've retried this several times, all to no avail.

Ideas?

Tried this method:

• iBoot Install from SL DVD[/*:m:2yjgnsi0]
  • Reboot[/*:m:2yjgnsi0]
  • Multi-Beast[/*:m:2yjgnsi0]
  • Update Helper[/*:m:2yjgnsi0]

Multi=Beast went off without a hitch but on reboot, I got a new kernel panic shouting about an unsupported processor.

So, I suspect I am on the right track but doing things in the wrong order.

Ideas?

OK. Tried this order:

• iBoot Install from SL DVD[/*:m:26a76btx]
  • Multi-Beast[/*:m:26a76btx]
  • Reboot[/*:m:26a76btx]
  • Update Helper[/*:m:26a76btx]
  • Reboot[/*:m:26a76btx]

At this point, I am getting the new KP (Unsupported Processor). I've attached a couple of screen caps for detail ...

Attachments

• kp_wide.jpg
    kp_wide.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 921
  • kp_panorama.jpg
    kp_panorama.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 914
What options are you using in Multibeast? Can you take a screenshot of the whole window?

We have similar hardware, and I know everything you have works with exception of the motherboard. Though I doubt it's the issue.

philz said:
What options are you using in Multibeast? Can you take a screenshot of the whole window?
I just used the DSDT setting and loaded the AMl file. I did not do anything else.

You need to install chimera, and quit booting from iboot @ the multibeast stage. Chimera installs a new kernel that supports your CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back