Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
edit: i cleaned this post a little:

i am using GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0) in my hack and want to let you know what is working so far for me. see the attached pdf.

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0) guide and review.pdf

Attachments

• GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0) guide and review.pdf
    434.6 KB · Views: 1,914
okay, according to MSRDumper speedstepping and turbo is working.

the benchmarks is fixed now as well. i simply forgot to edit overvoltage and load-line in bios... now i get 14600 in geekbench 2.1 for 4.6GHz.

Seams to be a very nice read that can be evolved later on =)
Just a tip, Rename the PDF installation guide file with "GA-.... installation Guide" It will be easier to find and use =)

Keep on working!

Another question, is the sound working IN the HDMI cable when used to transmit Video/picture?

littlelen said:
Another question, is the sound working IN the HDMI cable when used to transmit Video/picture?

for me it does not OOB, but i did not try to get it working in any way.

First of all. thanks so much for posting this. I was able to resolve some booting issues based on your installation guide.

I've got everything working but can't seem to get the sound working. I've followed your outline to the 't' . Any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

sickofit said:
i am using GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0) in my hack and want to let you know what is working so far for me. see the attached pdf.

i am thankful for comments on my benchmarking issues!

Installation Guide v1.pdf

edit1: slightly updated version:

edit2: another slightly updated version:
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0) guide and review.pdf

@sickofit

Many thanks for posting this! I just ordered the same board, should be in today. This is my first hackintosh so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I went with this list, originally I was going to use Gordo's setup but then thought it might make sense to use the Z68 chip as Apple has gone that way.

Will be commenting here as I make progress. BTW, in Gordo's guide he says that turbo and speedstep are working now. Did you try and have trouble with it?

Specs:

CASE Cooler Master RC-692-KKN2 ADVANCED RT
MB GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Z68 RT
VGA MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC R
PSU Cooler Master RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W RT
CPU I7 2600K 3.4G 8M R
SSD 64G CRUCIAL CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 R
MEM 4Gx2|PATRIOT PXD38G1866ELK R (2 sets for 16 GB)
HD 1TB SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 32M 7K
BLURAY BURNER LG WH12LS30
BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IOGEAR GBU421 R
WATER COOLING ANTEC KUHLER H20 620

@TooSixy

Thanks, yep saw that he has it working in the updated guide.

BTW, did you have any trouble getting the wireless keyboard and trackpad working for your rig? I got the IOgear bluetooth adapter and plan on going down the same path. As for a monitor, I was considering the 27 inch apple monitor but at close to $1000 it's a tough pill to swallow. I'm planning on using the system for video and photo stuff but it would be strictly amateur. Any thoughts on a good monitor in that size range?

i am using some randomly chosen bluetooth adapter from belkin:

link

it works OOB but it disables sleep for me. (when i sleep, it will wake after 1s due to bluetooth devices.) there is is fix for this problem in this thread but this fix is not working for me.

I purchased a cheap BlueTooth USB from WalMart and it works fine with SL. the only thing I have noticed, is that BIOS doesn't load it (to switch between OS's in boot loader). It works perfectly once SL boots and sleep and so forth works.

I did a new install, with the same setup as yours except nVidia GTX470. I am getting very low test results with Geekbench. Is there something I should look for?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back