Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - What's the highest Mac OS can I run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have the Radeon HD 6850 card in mine. Am I to understand that Mojave won't work with it?
Mojave is off-topic - This is a Yosemite support thread.

So, I have the Radeon HD 6850 card in mine. Am I to understand that Mojave won't work with it? If not, any suggestions for replacement. My Z68X-UD3H-B3 is still running like a champ!

6850 is not supported anymore, same for Z68X Intel integrated graphics, but the rest should work fine.

A good cost competitive replacement may be Radeon RX 560, or even 570 (there were some crazy sales on black friday on this one). They are highly compatible, normally needing just Whatevergreen and LILU to run perfectly.

Hi @Stork, that's great news regarding gpu as I'm considering updating from high Sierra to catalina with my Z68 mobo. Does the brand have any impact on functionality of the GTX 950? Asus vs gigabyte vs msi etc. Which one would be the best option? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, anybody with Catalina here. I'm trying to have a working system.

right now no sound with chipset 889 and no wake up from sleep :(
edit: I have a msi RX590 works great with lilu + whatevergreen

Hi, anybody with Catalina here. I'm trying to have a working system.

right now no sound with chipset 889 and no wake up from sleep :(
edit: I have a msi RX590 works great with lilu + whatevergreen

Hello - I have a well functioning ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Mojave setup now. I am using the UEFI CMOS. I am trying to setup Catalina on a 2nd ssd - and I am having a blank screen issue upon boot. Verbose logging looks good - it just seems that I cannot see the login screen. I have an RX 580 - and have tried multiple outputs. I have the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen (WG not used on my Mojave disk) in /L/E and have tried booting with -f. When I tried to boot into Safe Mode - Clover seems unable to boot to the MacOS disk at all and there is no MacOS loading info (weird). I am not sure where to go from here - it feels like I am close to getting Catalina to work - but this blank screen is proving difficult. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back