Graphics
GIGABYTE HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone. I recently built a Hackintosh for a friend with the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board, and went on to install the USB 3.0 KEXTS. I was able to achieve full functionality with USB 2.0 in the 3.0 slots, but when using a 3.0 device, it can start transferring data but will randomly want or try to be ejected. Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks,
-nubsauce420

I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the same USB 3.0 problem. Usually the warning "Disk was not ejected properly..." will display. USB 3 hard drive will work fine for a few days and then it will eject itself randomly. The behavior is intermittent... HD will work great for a few or many days or will eject itself many times during the day.

I installed the USB 3 drivers last month using muliti-beast. Don't know if there's any newer drivers out there?

My buddy who has the computer says he realized it's only when using Time Machine.

Did you have to do anything in particular to even get the USB 3.0 ports to work as 2.0? For some reason nothing I plug into the USB 3.0 ports on the back work at all. Plug them into the dedicated USB 2.0 ports and everything is fine. It would be nice to at least be able to use those ports as 2.0 if nothing else!

Etron USB 3.0 is not fully supported natively in OSX, therefore you will probably have issues with this motherboard.

But shouldn't the ports at least work as USB 2.0? I care about that more than having the 3.0 ports used as 3.0.

Did anyone ever get this to work?

I would love to hear back on this issue. I used to have a decently working USB 3.0 port in Lion versions 10.7.1 - 10.7.3

I recently updated to 10.7.5 and I couldn't even mount my device anymore. Interestingly enough I do have certain outputs in dmesg if I take a look

Code:
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 575835314139304837363235 0x1058 0x730 0x1008
USBF:	104.781	Endpoint 0x84 of the USB device "My Passport 0730" at location 0xbc400000:  converting Bulk MPS from 1024 to 512 (USB 2.0 Spec section 5.8.3)
USBF:	104.781	Endpoint 0x3 of the USB device "My Passport 0730" at location 0xbc400000:  converting Bulk MPS from 1024 to 512 (USB 2.0 Spec section 5.8.3)

There was always an issue using USB 3.0 with this board it seemed, (the ga-z68 anything) even in windows, but it seems that in under any distribution of Linux they've worked flawlessly 99% of the time from my experience. It used to be that OSX out performed Windows though, and now I can't get anything USB 3 to mount. So sad :*(

edit:
Eventually the DMESG will spam this - typically as long as you will leave the device plugged in.
Code:
IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero
and when unplugging because it hasn't mounted dmesg will note this:
Code:
PXHCD    0xffffff81cf629000::UIMAbortEndpoint: slotID is not valid - device removed ?
PXHCD    0xffffff81cf629000::UIMDeleteEndpoint: slotID is not valid - device already cleared

Is it true that Mountain Lion supports USB 3? Would it be worth the upgrade from Lion 10.7.5? Are the particular complications considering I use SSDT and the poorly working etron drivers?

Is it true that Mountain Lion supports USB 3? Would it be worth the upgrade from Lion 10.7.5? Are the particular complications considering I use SSDT and the poorly working etron drivers?

Also have a Z68X-UD3H-B3 and USB 3.0 work - mostly - on 10.8.2 with MB 5.1.3-1 Caldigit drivers. Can play movies for a while.

However, I'm seeing the random ejects as well on two different Seagate external drives. Others have reported problems during large data transfers.

Still looking for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back