i5-2500K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am building of GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with i5 2500k. Yesterday got it up and running, the usal way. iBoot + SL DVD install 10.6.0 - reboot with iBoot, rund Multibeast with DTSD. Then treid to update to 10.6.8 combo, running update healper prior to this. I got a kernal panic during the combo update.

What did i do wrong?

Typical Sandy Bridge install steps for SNOW LEOPARD::
1) Iboot + multibeast (finish step #2 part 18) and you will have the welcome screen
2) Run update helper (this step is for Sandy bridge before performing combo update 10.6.8)
3) reboot -->(with iboot and select your OSX HDD)
4) Run 10.6.8 combo update (DO NOT REBOOT)
5) Run multi beast and select settings apply to you.
6) reboot..after multibeast install completed.

So, you're saying that the "GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3" is a Sandy Bridge? isn't it a "Z" chipset? UR sure it's a Sandy bridge? How does one know or how can one tell when they have a Sandy Bridge?

bamim2 said:
So, you're saying that the "GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3" is a Sandy Bridge? isn't it a "Z" chipset? UR sure it's a Sandy bridge? How does one know or how can one tell when they have a Sandy Bridge?

Z68 is a Sandy Bridge chipset. H61, H67 and P67 are also Sandy Bridge chipsets.

ijhu said:
Typical Sandy Bridge install steps for SNOW LEOPARD::
1) Iboot + multibeast (finish step #2 part 18) and you will have the welcome screen
2) Run update helper (this step is for Sandy bridge before performing combo update 10.6.8)
3) reboot -->(with iboot and select your OSX HDD)
4) Run 10.6.8 combo update (DO NOT REBOOT)
5) Run multi beast and select settings apply to you.
6) reboot..after multibeast install completed.

Ok done that and when i boot with HDD as 1. boot prio. i get

"Loading Operating System ..."

bootØ: GPT
bootØ: test
bootØ: GPT
bootØ: error

And i stops booting. I i try to boot via iBoot, it boots up but i loos display - the mac is still runnig and i can use it blind - i am use onboard display.

I know that issue. The one main reason I switched over to Lion with a clean install: No more problems like that. SL is just plain and simple too old these days... ;(

Regarding the error you have from your last post: Did you install the latest Chimera following MB, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back