Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running the GB board mentioned with an i72600k processor, and 8gbGSkills Ripjaw RAM. Everything has been running perfect until I added 8gb more RAM (same manufacturer). Now the board won't even beep and keeps rebooting. Are there bios settings that need to be changed? Any ideas on what the problem might be? I don't know where I should start troubleshooting. Also, when I take the ram out, everything works perfect.

Thanks!

I'm running the GB board mentioned with an i72600k processor, and 8gbGSkills Ripjaw RAM. Everything has been running perfect until I added 8gb more RAM (same manufacturer). Now the board won't even beep and keeps rebooting. Are there bios settings that need to be changed? Any ideas on what the problem might be? I don't know where I should start troubleshooting. Also, when I take the ram out, everything works perfect.

Thanks!

Make sure the extra RAM that you got matches what you had already installed. If you keep having problems, contact Gigabyte.

You say that it's the same make, but are the specs the same? Like did you put 1366 mhz ram then drop in some 1600 mhz ram? All the ram has to "completely" match. The same manufactuerer helps, but not always necessary.

Matt

You say that it's the same make, but are the specs the same? Like did you put 1366 mhz ram then drop in some 1600 mhz ram? All the ram has to "completely" match. The same manufactuerer helps, but not always necessary.

Matt

I'm going to test the RAM this weekend when I have time. It is the exact same RAM/speed/size/etc as I had previously. I kept the packaging and ordered the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back