Graphics
Nvidia 570 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The onboard firewire on my z68x-ud3h-b3 doesn't seem to work in OSX (10.7.2), I'm using F8 BIOS with the F8 DSDT from here. System Profile does see that I have 'Firewire 400', and the port does power/charge my devices, but the OS doesn't see it (doesn't mount the drive, doesn't see it in disk utility, or doesn't see the iPod). Console also doesn't say anything when I plug in a device.

According to the Gigabyte specs, it's a VIA VT6308 Firewire controller. Has anyone gotten it to work? How? Also this isn't a sleep issue that others are having, I don't put my machine to sleep ever.

I am experiencing the same exact problem with my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F8 board running Mac OS X 10.7.2. In addition, my blue USB ports on the back are not working. Are yours?

UPDATE: So I have 2 external hard disk enclosures. One is a PHR-S250CC while the other is a PHR-S250UAB. When I plug in the PHR-S250CC the drive mounts. However, when I plug in the PHR-S250UAB it does not. I thought perhaps there wasn't enough power going to the enclosure, so I hooked up another firewire cable with no success. I also hooked up a DC connector, also without success. This same enclosure works fine when I connect it by way of 800-400 firewire cable to a MacBook Pro. The drive inside the PHR-S250UAB works fine if I connect it to the machine using USB. So I'm stumped.

the blue USB ports are USB3.0, you'll need to get the patched USB3.0 drivers by modbin, they'll fully work after that.

I have the exact same issue with a GA-Z68XP-UD3 on Lion 10.7.2, using Multibeast 4.1.0.

I have a LaCie q2 external drive that I'm connecting through either of the two firewire ports on the motherboard. When I connect the drive it doesn't mount, yet it's visible under the FireWire category on the System Information page.

The hard drive has an external button for launching backup applications etc, so I think it's detecting the button, but not the drive itself :eek:

Screen Shot 2011-11-12 at 12.30.02 PM.png

note that to check whether System Information can read your FireWire device, you must first plug the device, then launch System Information

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-12 at 12.30.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-12 at 12.30.02 PM.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 724
I'm on a Z68XP-UD4 and I'm experiencing similar issues. External WD hard drives won't mount over Firewire, but my Sandisk CF card reader does mount... it's strange.

I'm having the same problem with this motherboard and bios. I'm running Lion 10.7.2. Bought a Sybex Pci card, thought it was dying, replaced it with Lacie Pcie card. There are random times (usually rare) that my Lacie Firewire Pcie card works.

I can say that this ia a Lion specific problem. I have Windows 7 disk working in the same tower that always reads these firewire drives. Perhaps there is a kext issue in Lion.

It even powers my the usb drive, but refuses to mount powered or bus-powered drives currently. I'm still diligently looking for a solution. Even tried deleting AppleHpet.kext unsuccessfully.

I have the same problem. Its a bummer.

Only the 4 powered Usb 3.0 are working. The Sata, FireWire 400 and the two Blue USB 3.0 don't work.

I dont understand why Tony suggested this mono in his last CustoMac post if its not working 100%. I think we've missed something in the config.

i7 2600k
Z68X-UDH3-B3
Radeon 6870
Corsair Memory
Corsair Case
Corsair PowerSupply
Sata Barracuda 1T HDD.

Could a customBeast DSDT from TonyMacx86.com solve the problem?

Hey i have the same problem. Any ideas how to solve it?

I sent a PM to gordo74. He built a hackintosh with the same mobo. He told me that if I really want FireWire I should buy a PCI Card. The firewire problem is a known issue with our mobo. He gave me a model of pci card that would work. I'll post it later.

I have this same motherboard...bought a Lacie Pcie Firewire Card. It works sometimes, and sometimes it isn't recognized. I don't know what makes it tick. The sleep function doesn't bother it, but certain reboots render it useless.

The card is using TI chipset. I've also tried other cards before with same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back