Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDWord said:
Hello. Did anyone ever get their 2 blue USB 3.0 ports working? Actually those ports don't work on windows for me either. Thx

full working on windows
on mac osx only firewire not works !

Hope this helps somebody, when I installed the SD-PEX30009 I connected the front chassis firewire to the internal pin port on the card, and it seems the wiring on my corsair r400 case made some sort of conflict, cause Lion couldn't detect the devices in any port. But as soon as I unplugged the pins the devices showed up on the sys profile. Do not know if it's only my case, a card defect or a macos limitation.
So if somebody else experiences this bug please let me know. Thanks

(I also disabled the onboard 1394 on the bios)

SG- said:
Has anyone gotten it to work?
Oh yeah. I'm using both ports.
SG- said:
Dunno. It worked out of the box. :thumbup:

My primary audio interface is connected to the internal FW400 connector at the motherboard backplate. My secondary audio interface is connceted to an expansion bracket (I got it with my older ASUS board) where the cable is connected to the 1394 header of the mother board.
I have had zero problems with Firewire using this board. No glitches. No dropouts.

I also have a PCI card with FW800 ports where my Firewire hard drives are connected.

I have the FW 400 port also working but only for drives which have/need AC power, thus, are connected to AC power.
it seems for me that FW bus powered drives don't work (no desktop mounting)

ah so maybe that's the issue since my FW device is bus powered. oh well, onboard FW is kind of shitty since it's limited to 400 but it's really all I needed for my original iPod to work.

SG- said:
ah so maybe that's the issue since my FW device is bus powered. oh well, onboard FW is kind of shitty since it's limited to 400 but it's really all I needed for my original iPod to work.

Just tested my FW and it works with drives (SL and Lion). Pretty well, drives mount, transfers are quick.
I cant test my FW audio interface now unfortunately.

Well i'll try it again. The last time I gave it a shot was back during the F3 or F4 BIOS days and Lion 10.7.1 I think. Maybe the original iPod just won't work in Lion? I know the port and iPod and cable work because Windows would see it.

sillyflip said:
Only the 4 powered Usb 3.0 are working.
You mean the powered USB 2.0 ports.
sillyflip said:
The Sata, FireWire 400 and the two Blue USB 3.0 don't work.
Try running the latest version of Multibeast again.

Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous > USB 3.0
Installing modbins patched driver which works with the onboard Etron controller.

Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Makes all SATA+eSATA drives appear as internal drives.
Behold, you do NOT want to connect an external eSATA drive which goes into sleep mode.

Firewire. Even though I already have a PCI card with FW800 ports... the internal ports worked out of the box for me.
sillyflip said:
Could a customBeast DSDT from TonyMacx86.com solve the problem?
Aren't you using it already? Get the F12 BIOS and the corresponding DSDT from Tonys database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back