Contribute
Register

GA-Z68P-DS3 F9 10.6.8 build, SD cards will not mount with multi card reader -Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 F9
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So this has been extremely frustrating. I just had to ditch a GA-X58A-UD3R build that I've been using for almost two years (mobo burned out) and I have my new build up and running... almost. Installed and updated to 10.6.8 and audio, video, network work fine, sleep doesn't work (USB freezes on wakening and with no way to control anything I have to restart) but that's not a huge deal. The real problems are these:

1. App Store doesn't work. I get an "unknown error" every time I try and log in -so I can't purchase Mountain Lion to try and install it and see if that will fix my other major problem...

2. My internal USB card reader shows up in System Profiler under "USB" as USB 2.0 MultiCard R/W, but when I insert a card, it doesn't mount. So, I tried to use my external USB multicard reader which has worked on every computer I have ever tried it on, and it won't mount there either. With either one, the light comes on when a card is inserted, it just never shows up on the computer.

Very strange, and I haven't been able to find the same problem in the forums anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need to access the images on that card (work related)!

Here's my build specs:

AG-Z68P-DS3 (F9 BIOS)
i7-2600K CPU
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770
16GB Corsair RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (fully updated) loaded on an OCZ-Vertex SSD

Thanks in advance!

NOTE: It appears that the USB ports will not work at all for any drives, not just SD cards.

I attached a USB flash drive. Nothing.

I attached an external SSD with a USB cable. Same thing, it wouldn't register. Attached the exact same drive with firewire 800 and it showed up just fine.

So it appears to be related to how the system reads a drive through USB ports, period.

Any idea at all what would cause drives not to be recognized through USB? The USB ports work fine for mouse and keyboard, just not for drives...

I have the same problem. Having searched all day for an answer this thread was the best I could find, since the relevant search terms for this issue are so generic.

I have 10.6.8 running nicely on

GA-Z68P-DS3 (F3)
i7-2700k
EVGA nVIDIA GeForce GT 430

installing with DSDT and this nVIDIA driver http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver-uk.html

The USB mouse/keyboard work, and a USB disk is recognised by the System Profiler, but I can't see them as a devise or in disk utility.

I would also appreciate any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back